This is an AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) opportunity, which is a one-year (12-months) national service assignment, with a modest living allowance (472.22 Bi-Weekly). Additional member benefits include choice of education award or end of service stipend upon successful completion of the program, health coverage, training, relocation allowance, and childcare assistance if eligible. To learn more about VISTA benefits please visit https://www.vistacampus.gov/in-service/benefits-service
Purpose of Position:
The Volunteer and Community Engagement Coordinator will work to establish strategic plans for volunteer programs related to corporate and community engagement through United Way of Northeast Florida’s emerging Volunteer Center. The primary responsibilities of the Volunteer and Community Engagement Coordinator will be to:
- Develop a Project Leader training procedure and manual, recruit and train Project Leaders from the corporate community and community at large. Related to this work, the VISTA will research and create a database of local corporations that have CSR programs and upcoming conferences
- Liaise with destination planning companies, visitor’s bureau, local chamber and hotels catering to out-of-town conferences to promote UWNEFL custom project opportunities
- Increase capacity within non-profit partner agencies through Get Connected technology training and effective volunteer management support
- Revise Volunteer Management Training Series Curriculum, identify expert presenters and deliver the training for community organization partners
- Assist with coordination of United Way programs and signature events
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Recruit and train volunteers to be project leaders to lead UWNEFL custom projects or serve internal to partner agencies
- Create a robust monthly calendar showcasing a variety of projects available for community engagement
- Organize and manage large scale Days of Service and signature events in tandem with VCE team
- Conduct foundational research to successfully promote and facilitate Volunteer Management Training Series
- Network and partner with strategic companies related to corporate engagement locally and through the conference circuit
- Design and conduct regular Get Connected volunteer management technology training for non-profit agency partners
- Track and analyze volunteer data using volunteer management software
- Develop ongoing reports to demonstrate impact through volunteerism
Experience / Position Requirements:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience: Extra consideration given to individual with three years related experience in volunteer recruitment and management, community outreach, program management, training
- Experience with disaster preparedness, relief and recovery preferred
- Experience with program design and building new programs from the ground up
- Strong leadership skills, entrepreneurial drive and creativity
- Excellent oral, written and digital communication skills
- Respect for the importance of confidentiality
- This position requires some evenings and weekends
- Must have own vehicle and appropriate insurance- some fieldwork is required
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.