This is an AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) opportunity, which is a one-year (12-months) national service assignment, with a modest living allowance (472.22 Bi-Weekly). Additional member benefits include choice of education award or end of service stipend upon successful completion of the program, health coverage, training, relocation allowance, and childcare assistance if eligible. To learn more about VISTA benefits please visit https://www.vistacampus.gov/in-service/benefits-service
Purpose of Position:
Serve as a liaison between the Marketing and Resource Development teams as well as the Northeast Florida community. This role includes corporate partner and community impact research, database management, materials management and logistics for United Way of Northeast Florida.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Review account histories, identify needs, and develop strategies to meet goals
- Research corporate partnership opportunities
- Assist and provide customer service to United Way corporate partners and volunteers
- Regularly attend United Way events and communicate how United Way contributions benefit the community
- Work with Development Managers as needed
- Help organize events
- Gather account information such as volunteer contact information for proper data entry and tracking
- Exhibit personal commitment to the success of United Way in the community through quality work, team participation, and timely customer service
- Other projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Nonprofit, marketing or communications experience preferred.
- Ability to work normal business hours with occasional hours outside the normal work schedule.
- High proficiency in Excel
- Database experience a plus – particularly in CRM software
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and automobile insurance coverage required (daily travel in Jacksonville area via automobile)
- Highly ethical and professional demeanor
- Able to deliver excellent customer service
- Passion for making a difference in the community
- Able to build relationships with a wide variety of customers and campaign volunteers
- Strong presentation skills (comfortable speaking before diverse audiences of 5-100 people, on a daily basis)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Team-oriented & flexible
- Proficient with personal computers, internet and Microsoft Office programs
- Move up to 40lbs of weight
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.