POSITION TITLE: Volunteer Programs Associate
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-time, non-exempt (20 hours per week)
REPORTS TO: AmeriCorps Seniors Program Managers
Rate of Pay: $19.00/hour
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Volunteer Programs Associate provides administrative, communications and event support for the Northwest Vermont RSVP and Foster Grandparent programs at United Way of Northwest Vermont. In addition, this role will assist in maintaining excellent relationships with the 200+ volunteers, nonprofits, community organizations, and businesses we serve.
Key responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Complete the day-to-day administrative work for the programs.
- Support program data collection and management, including survey distribution, data entry, and reporting.
- Assist with financial duties, including expense/income tracking and coordination of in-kind documentation.
- Maintain digital and physical filing systems in compliance with document retention standards.
- Assist with volunteer recruitment efforts.
- Provide event support for volunteer training and volunteer recognition events.
- Support the creation and distribution of various written communications, including program newsletters and volunteer recruitment postings.
- In collaboration with the UWNWVT marketing team, manage the program's social media pages.
This role has no direct supervisory responsibilities but will work closely with other program staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with administrative and office tasks.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and take the initiative on day-to-day work and projects.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required, and experience with volunteer management databases (or similar relationship management databases) is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with administrative and office tasks.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and take the initiative on day-to-day work and projects.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required, and experience with volunteer management databases (or similar relationship management databases) is preferred.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Organized and detail-oriented.
To apply, candidates should send via e-mail a resume and cover letter by May 5, 2023 to: