Our mission is to build a stronger northwest Vermont by mobilizing our community to improve people's lives. United Way isn't just our name – it's how we work. We bring together individuals, nonprofits, businesses, and government entities to fight for a strong, vibrant, and healthy community. We fight for the education, financial stability and health of every person in Chittenden, Franklin and Grand Isle counties.
United Way's Working Bridges is an innovative program designed to improve job retention, productivity, and advancement by supporting employees with community resources. The concept is simple: employers work together to effectively develop and test innovative HR practices using the workplace as a platform for services designed to help workers get, keep, and grow stable employment.
Purpose of Position
The VISTA will have a unique opportunity to learn Working Bridges data and reporting systems while helping the team refine how data informs the development of strategies and partnerships. Activities in this position will directly support UWNWVT's key strategies of meeting basic needs, promoting mental health, reducing substance misuse, supporting families, and fostering financial stability. This position involves data collection, reporting, visualization, strong communication, computer skills, and commitment to furthering data-driven decision-making.
Key responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the development, distribution, and reporting for the Working Bridges employeesatisfaction survey.
- Coordinate the development and reporting of Working Bridges annual and quarterly reports toaccurately measure the program's impact.
- Work closely with the Working Bridges team to refine the data collection and reporting processand work collaboratively to develop data-informed strategies within the Working Bridges program.
- Available to start August 1st, 2023 (position starts August 1st, 2023, and ends July 31st, 2024, withthe possibility to renew for another 12-month term)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Reliable transportation for travel to and from the office as well as travel to United Way partnersacross the Northwest Vermont region.
- Possess skills in the following areas: data collection and reporting, computer skills, andcommunication skills.
- A commitment to advancing data-driven decision-making and a passion for advancing the workof nonprofit organizations.
- Stipend of $22,882 per year
- $250 monthly housing, gas, or grocery stipend
- Loan deferment for qualified student loans
- EITHER 1) a choice of a $6,345 education award OR 2) a $1,800 (pre-tax) cash stipend
- Health, dental & vision benefits
- Ten paid personal days & 10 sick days plus federally recognized holidays
- Childcare benefits if eligible
- Discounted gym membership
- Flexible schedule (35 hours per week)
- Professional development, networking, and community engagement opportunities
- Chance to make a substantial difference in the community
- Gain valuable work skills and experience
How to Apply
Applications or questions should be sent to Dillon Boisvert via email at Hiring@unitedwaynwvt.org. Interviews are scheduled on a rolling basis, and the application deadline is June 30th, 2023. More information can be found on our website, unitedwaynwvt.org.