The Aging Well Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator promotes volunteerism and recruits volunteers for numerous Weld County older adult serving organizations that work with people aged 60+. Hired and managed by United Way of Weld County on behalf of nonprofits like 60+ Ride, Community Grief Center, and Meals on Wheels, this position will 1) increase volunteerism for older adult services, 2) increase connection between older adult serving agencies, 3) improve older adult services that promote socialization, improve mobility, and enhance engagement in community, and 4) promote inter-generational engagement. The Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator works in a team environment that also includes an existing Volunteer Engagement Coordinator role.
• Formalize relationships with older adult serving organizations for whom this person will be recruiting volunteers, assess needs, and develop protocol for onboarding new volunteers.
• Develop relationships with faith communities, schools and school districts, social networks, civic organizations, caregiver support groups, etc., sharing the need for additional volunteers for Weld County older adult serving organizations and engaging them in recruitment outreach.
• Outreach to recruit new volunteers. Methods include:
- posting volunteer opportunities on an existing web-based volunteer engagement platform
- overseeing a paid social media campaign
- promoting through earned media
- developing/sharing content for use in newsletters, e-newsletters, social media posts, etc.
- staffing booths at community events such as town festivals
- displaying materials at local businesses, on community boards, in town hall lobbies, etc.
- connecting with highly frequented businesses to share the need and request co-promotion
- making presentations to businesses, local governments, faith-based organizations, chambers of commerce, young professionals, other nonprofit agencies, etc.
- improving the content of agency newsletters so as to better express volunteer needs
- advertising in other paid media
- creatively discovering and enacting additional ideas
• Maintain a database of potential new volunteers.
• Match new volunteers to best fitting role at best-fit organization.
• Develop and manage a performance measurement system.
• Submit applicable information to monthly internal performance reports.
• Oversee monthly financial management; insure expenditures do not exceed budgeted amounts and stay within purposes specified in funder agreement.
• Compose, provide for other staff review, and submit semi-annual grant reporting.
• Develop and maintain a relationship with the position funder.
• Co-facilitate the Aging Well Collective Impact Workgroup.
• Participate in applicable trade associations, i.e. DOVIA Colorado.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with agencies, organizations, volunteers, funders, and community members throughout Weld County.
• Increase knowledge/remain current with older adult work in Weld County, Colorado, and U.S.
United Way of Weld County General
• Support and promote the mission, values, goals and objectives of United Way, including representing United Way in professional organizations and the community (as assigned).
• Support fundraising efforts of United Way and activities that support United Way.
• Support United Way annual events, disaster response, and other activities as assigned.
• Attend weekly staff meetings and in-service opportunities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Project management experience.
• Advertising and marketing experience, including online and social media.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple deadlines.
• Ability to navigate and learn new information systems.
• Well organized and ability to work with minimal supervision at high level of effort.
• Ability to manage budgets, analyze actuals, and project changes throughout the year.
• Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite with special emphasis on Excel and Word; additional software and website design proficiency a plus.
• Ability to work in collaborative efforts to effectively engage multiple stakeholders.
• Ability to work effectively with groups and individuals that represent a variety of needs, abilities, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
• Excellent verbal and written skills, including the ability to write reports.
• Ability to present information to a variety of audiences including public groups, executive management, and/or board of directors.
• Effective problem solving and customer service skills.
• Willingness to work collaboratively with other employees and supervisors.
Full-time salary non-exempt
Equal Opportunity Employer
Background check required