Vision and Mission:
At United Way of Northeast Florida, we envision a community of opportunity where everyone has hope and can reach their full potential. Our mission is to solve our community’s toughest challenges by connecting people, resources and ideas.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is not only valued and demonstrated in our hiring practices, it is a fundamental part of our mission throughout our organization and the communities we serve.
Purpose of Position:
To create and implement meaningful connections with donors through affinity groups.
This is a fundraising and event planning position within the United Way of Northeast Florida Resource Development (RD) team. It is responsible for the achievement of revenue and membership goals for the affinity groups: Women United and Atlantic Circle.
Women United is comprised of nearly 500 women who each contribute $1,000 or more annually and work together to create significant and permanent improvements in the community through leadership, philanthropy and advocacy.
Atlantic Circle is comprised of more than 600 individuals under 40 who each contribute $500 or more annually and are interested in professional and philanthropic growth.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
Affinity Group Management:
- Develop a multi-year plan to increase the number of Women United and Atlantic Circle members while retaining current members. Include methods to engage and deepen the understanding, commitment and support of donors.
- Provide strategic direction to the Atlantic Circle and Women United committees: plan meetings, recruit new members, and staff events.
- Work with the Marketing department to develop/oversee mailings and communications to promote events and solicit annual gifts from members and prospects, including monthly updates about affinity group activities for marketing materials.
- Work with Director, RD operations team to maintain accurate data and membership lists.
- Work with Volunteer department to gauge volunteer needs of agency partners and plan meaningful volunteer events.
- Participate in speaking engagements during trainings and company events, as needed.
- Manage Atlantic Circle and Women United Facebook pages, and provide additional content to marketing for volunteer profiles, social media posts and blog posts.
- Track, maintain and provide reports on membership numbers, volunteer hours and dollars raised from all affinity groups, and reconcile budget reports with the Finance department on a monthly basis.
Donor Relationship Management:
- Plan and execute Affinity Group events (networking, professional development and volunteer projects) in coordination with volunteer committees to demonstrate and exemplify the mission and community impact of United Way.
- Actively engage donors and prospects through events designed to cultivate members and enhance relationships. Provide consistent follow-up post events to secure commitments or move relationships forward.
- Work closely with the Corporate Engagement team and United Way volunteers to identify companies to target for education on affinity groups and recruitment of new members.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred; Public Relations, Communications, or related field preferred
- Demonstrated success in relationship management/fundraising, volunteer management and event planning
- Skilled in initiating conversations and relationships with individuals while building rapport quickly to deliver results
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to inspire confidence in United Way volunteer leadership, staff, and potential donors through sound judgment, discretion and commitment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work nights and weekends for events
- The successful candidate will be mature, highly motivated, team-oriented, with the highest ethical standards and ability to drive results
- Donor cultivation and stewardship
Professional Core Competencies Required:
- Mission Focused: Creates real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship Oriented: Places people before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator (Includes teamwork and communication): Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial & human) through meaningful engagement. Strong supporter of a team environment.
- Results Driven: Dedicates efforts to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Understands role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
General Physical Requirements for Essential Functions of the Job:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and/or hear. Continual use of the hands with wrist and finger movement using a keyboard is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include long hours viewing a computer monitor screen. The employee may occasionally travel using personal vehicle and/or work outside normal office environment.
UWNEFL reserves the right to adjust work location. This position is currently remote due to COVID-19. Business needs will determine future work location.
This description is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of all team members assigned to this position. It is intended only to describe the key elements relative to each section. Also, duties and/or requirements of this position may be modified, added or deleted at any time. This supersedes all descriptions previously written for the same position. Unique equivalent skills and experience may possibly substitute for required position requirements.
United Way of Northeast Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Environment