The Affinity Groups Coordinator AmeriCorps VISTA will support the resource development staff to cultivate cooperative, productive relationships with United Way’s mission focused donor groups. He/she will help develop the systems to ensure the mission of United Way of Northern Utah is reflected in the groups’ activities.
Essential Function 1:
Program Development and Implementation
Develop and implement donor engagement strategies for mission-focused donor groups to deepen their engagement with United Way of Northern Utah. Specific activities include:
- Create and manage the donor engagement plans for 2-3 mission focused donor groups, thereby guiding the work and establishing the function of each group
- Manage affinity group budgets to include the advertising, events and other costs associated with affinity group management
- Lead in efforts to achieve measurable goals designed to expand and deepen donor engagement
- Collaborate with other resource development staff in acquiring new members in and out of the workplace to join respective affinity groups
- Prepare data-based reports on each of the affinity groups to measure progress and drive future success and develop suggestions to further the effectiveness of the affinity group activities and strategies.
Essential Function 2:
Affinity Group Communications
Communicate clearly, regularly and effectively with members of each affinity group, and with resource development staff to build coordination, teamwork, enthusiasm and a sense of common purpose. Specific activities include:
- Prepare and distribute an appropriately branded quarterly e-newsletter for each affinity group to enhance communication with their members and build their engagement with United Way of Northern Utah
- Recruit, train and manage volunteers for the respective activity
● Coordinate or lead, when appropriate, creation of accurate and branded collateral for affinity groups
- Coordinate and lead regular steering committee meetings
Essential Function 3:
Management of Volunteer Projects
Provide guidance and direction for volunteer projects selected by affinity group steering committees to support the mission of United Way of Northern Utah, and:
● Work collaboratively with marketing, community impact and resource development staff to ensure compelling mission-aligned event programming
- Work with Director of Community Resources to develop, define, and implement a system for collaboration among the affinity groups with funded partners and community programs
Essential Function 4:
Coordination of Engagement Events
Develop, plan and implement strategic, data-driven, branded, mission-focused affinity group events that recognize, steward and further cultivate current donors, volunteers and prospects, increasing their engagement with the organization. Specific activities include:
- Work collaboratively with resource development staff to create and hold strategic, data-driven, branded, mission-focused events that are well attended
● Handle details for affinity group events, from planning to executing, and to event close-out; conduct pre- and post-event evaluations and outcome reports.
- Work in conjunction with select members of Resource Development, to identify potential donors and solicit donations where appropriate.
- Collaborate with the Resource Development team to conceive and produce collateral for the annual fundraising campaign as assigned.
- Assist with both internal and external TUW communication tasks as assigned.
- Serve as a Resource Development representative on internal project teams as needed.
Bachelor’s degree (Communications, Public Relations, Resource Development) required OR an equivalent combination of education and 1-2 years of project management experience.
- Previous experience managing and training volunteer teams
● Established relationships with influential members of the Northern Utah area preferred
● Proven track record of work with, in, and around diverse cultures and populations
- Highly motivated agenda setter
● Able to thrive in a high-performance culture that requires proven results and accountability
● Ability to inspire and motivate others
● Demonstrated project management skills and ability to balance competing priorities
● Ability to recognize hurdles/obstacles and to broker collaborative problem-solving and issue resolution
● Ability to be flexible and adapt to changes in workflow
● Excellent time management skills with ability to track multiple projects and meet deadlines
● Ability to work under pressure, adapt to change and solve problems
● Comfortable at times being a team of one
● Superior written and oral skills with emphasis in public speaking
● Proven success in planning and implementing events
● Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
ABOUT AMERICORPS VISTA PROGRAM:
AmeriCorps is a national network of programs that addresses critical community needs in our nation. Through the AmeriCorps VISTA program, community members have the opportunity to serve in local nonprofits for one year helping to eliminate poverty. In return for service, members receive a living allowance, a healthcare allowance, and other benefits.
During their 10-month term of service, AmeriCorps members are to complete a total of 1200 hours of service and receive a monthly living allowance. At the end of their term of service, members receive an education award to use toward payment of student loans or upcoming college/university/technical school tuition, fees, and/or books. If the member is over the age of 55, they may gift their education award to a child or grandchild. All members can receive forbearance of payments on current student loans.
Email resume and cover letter to Mandi Schill at firstname.lastname@example.org