UWBA is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. UWBA is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff and an inclusive workplace that values equity. We welcome applications from immigrants, BIPOC, LGBTQ applicants, and people with lived experience in poverty.
- Job Title: Advancement Coordinator
- Department: Advancement
- Reports to: Chief Advancement Officer
- Classification: Union Support / Full Time
- Job Grade Level: 2
United Way Bay Area (UWBA) mobilizes the Bay Area to dismantle the root causes of poverty and build equitable pathways to prosperity UWBA brings together partners from the nonprofit, business, and government sectors to address Bay Area poverty. We partner across sectors, develop solutions, capture the data we need, and use those insights to support public policy and create research-backed community initiatives. These initiatives include:
- Housing Justice: Improve access to stable, affordable housing and homelessness prevention.
- Employment & Career Opportunities: Build systems and pathways to career and employment opportunities.
- Financial Stability: Help families increase income and savings on their way to financial stability.
- Basic Needs: Ensure access to basic needs like food, housing, and legal services.
UWBA is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff and an inclusive workplace that values equity. We particularly welcome applications from immigrants, BIPOC, LGBTQ+ applicants, and people with lived experiences in poverty. To foster an open and impartial application review process that minimizes the potential for bias, please remove any reference to academic institutions from which you obtained a degree, if applicable. For example, simply list “Bachelor of Arts in Sociology.” Not having a degree will not preclude you from being considered; applicable work experience is equally considered.
For more information about UWBA, please visit http://uwba.org.
The Advancement Coordinator will work closely with the UWBA Development and Marketing teams to drive growth in building funder relationships and generate incremental improvement in brand awareness, understanding, and consideration. The Advancement Coordinator will have significant impact on the organization and those we serve, as they will be involved in all aspects of an innovative effort to increase engagement and giving, helping to drive growth from $20 million to $30 million in funds contributed annually by 2025.
This role will report directly to the Chief Advancement Officer. In addition to providing administrative support to the Chief Advancement Officer; VP, Development; and VP, Marketing, the Advancement Coordinator will serve as project manager for select Development and Marketing special projects, while also supporting daily operations for the Advancement Team.
What you will do:
- Administrative support to the Advancement Leadership Team (Chief and VPs).
- Proactively anticipates future needs based on the upcoming events, meetings, deadlines, and other activities.
- Supports the Chief Advancement Officer in implementing new department strategies.
- Assists with the execution of cross-department efforts, such as events, the Annual Report, appeals, and other initiatives or projects.
- Performs general administrative duties for the Advancement department, including but not limited to managing department-wide calendars, answering, or making telephone calls, assisting with events and correspondence.
- Assist with scheduling and coordinating department meetings; prepare and distribute meeting materials and take minutes.
- Helps facilitate Advancement-specific onboarding procedures for new employees.
- Coordinate fundraising activities, including outreach and acknowledgement, donor updates, and events.
- Access donor information, research and maintaining accurate records using Salesforce.
- Coordinates donor meetings, lunches, and dinners for the Advancement Leadership Team, as well as organizing details for staff retreats and gatherings.
- Coordinates the creation of the Advancement budget across the departments.
- Coordinates submission and tracking of invoices, expenses, and ordering and distribution of department supplies.
Who you are:
- 3 years’ experience in administrative support. Development or marketing experience preferred. Work experience in a nonprofit social service organization also preferred.
- Excellent organizational, writing, and communication skills, and a work product that exhibits a high degree of detail and accuracy.
- Time management skills are essential.
- Project management experience a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of various data and reporting systems.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and customer service orientation.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and appropriate working relationships with staff, volunteers, board and council members, senior staff, the general public, and outside organizations.
- Ability to analyze, organize, and carry out projects with minimal instruction. Must be able to take the initiative and to make sound work decisions in accordance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, a high level of discretion, and a professional demeanor.
- Available to work nights and weekends for events or deadlines as needed
- Proficiency in G Suite / Google Workspace and Microsoft Office. Experience with donor databases, preferably Salesforce.
Salary: $65,000 Annually
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
UWBA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender (including actual or perceived gender, and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, religious affiliation, veteran status, national origin, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state, federal or local law. Applicants must be able to work legally in the United States. UWBA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in the manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please let us know. If the reason you need an accommodation is not obvious, we may ask for documentation confirming your functional limitations.