Based out of historic Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, the United Way of Adams County has been providing needed services and programs to the community for over 70 years. By working together with other local agencies, businesses, volunteers and supporters, the United Way strives to create unique opportunities to foster the success of everyone in the community.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Administrative & Volunteer Coordinator supports and advances United Way’s mission by supporting and assisting the Executive Director and other staff members to maintain a professional work environment, support the campaign and volunteer engagement strategies which focus volunteer efforts on Community Impact focus areas of education, income and health.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provides administrative support to Executive Director and other staff in support of programs, projects and day-to-day operations.
- Supports the volunteer engagement strategy that positions United Way as the premier community mobilizer of volunteers in community impact issues; education, financial stability and health.
- Supports collaborative community partnerships, including Volunteer Administrative Network, Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Coalition and Holiday Family Outreach.
- Helps builds community capacity to effectively manage volunteers by coordinating resources, trainings, and providing assistance to key stakeholder groups in volunteer engagement.
- Mobilizes and connects volunteers by managing a comprehensive online volunteer database, leading with community impact issues; education, financial stability and health.
- Maintains positive, collaborative relationships with community partners
- Keeps abreast and knowledgeable about issues and trends of volunteer engagement by networking with local, state and national sector leaders.
- Performing transactions involving payments, pledges, donations, invoicing/billing and handling money.
- Attend all staff meetings, trainings, or any other appointments as scheduled.
- Answer incoming phone calls in a friendly, professional manner. Direct calls to appropriate individual based on caller requests. Perform calls for business-related matters as needed and/or directed. Ensure excellent etiquette when communicating with constituents through email, telephone, in-person or any other manner.
- Any other duties as they may be assigned.
Associates degree or higher is preferred.
Previous experience in human services or volunteer management preferred.
Bilingual experience in English/Spanish preferred.
Experienced with fiscal duties such as handling money, performing day-to-day financial transactions and duties.
Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical and mental demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions. While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. This position includes extended viewing of a computer monitor to perform essential job functions.
Work schedule may occasionally involve weekends and/or evenings as needed for special events, programs, etc.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES
- Leadership: Ability to motivate and guide others to perform in accordance with clear expectations and goals. Capable of working in a team environment. Ability to work independently and also as part of a team when necessary.
- Management Skills: Ability to achieve desired outcomes by setting goals and priorities that deliver results. Ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast-paced environment. Exceptional organizational skills and experienced with prioritizing duties are crucial to the position.
- Business Acumen: Ability to understand business-related topics or issues. Knowledge, skills and ability to operate standard office machinery such as fax machines, printer/copier/scanner, desktop/laptop computer, multi-line telephone, etc.
- Diversity Oriented: Ability to support the company diversity goals by using ethnic, gender, religious or socio-economic inclusiveness.
- Consensus Building: Ability to interact with others of diverse backgrounds resulting in group solidarity, agreement or solution.
- Judgment: Ability to form sound opinions or make decisions evaluating available information.
- Relationship Building: Ability to establish and maintain good rapport and cooperative relationships with customers and coworkers.
- Problem Solving: Ability to recognize courses of action that can be taken to handle problems or potential problems, and apply contingency plans to solve those problems.
- Presentation skills: Ability to effectively present information to a group.
- Communications, Oral: Ability to send verbal messages and listen to others’ responses in order to convey information.
- Communications, Written: Ability to write concise, clear letters, reports, articles, or emails including proofing and editing. Ability to speak and write clearly and concisely for a broad audience. Ability to integrate social media communications with overall business communications.
Hourly pay range is $14.00 - $18.00 and is commensurate with experience. Benefits and vacation/time-off is included once eligible employment period is met.