Why United Way Suncoast?
Do you want to be part of a non-profit organization that makes a difference in your community? Do you want to be part of a passionate team focused on improving the lives of others? Now is your opportunity! United Way Suncoast is seeking a Administrative Specialist. This position is responsible for providing administrative support to assigned departments and executives on projects and routine work.
We're not asking you to apply for a job. We're asking you to embrace a movement that gives people the freedom to rise. In return, you'll be embraced by colleagues that will appreciate every contribution you make.
Our team members enjoy a flexible work environment built on transparency and trust and most have hybrid schedules. There are many growth opportunities including the ability to learn about and contribute to efforts across the organization. We offer a competitive total rewards package including shortened benefit eligibility periods, several weeks of PTO, and no cost medical and dental options to name a few!
Objectives & Responsibilities:
• Schedules meetings, coordinates meeting logistics, and manages assigned calendars.
• Tracks and submits invoices and payment requests for approval. Prepares and submits expense reports.
• Opens, scans, and distributes weekly mail.
• Assists with data and file management.
• Provides customer service and accurate information to internal and external parties.
• May also perform duties including but not limited to:
- Manages committee and volunteer panel records, meeting schedules, and records and transcribes meeting minutes.
- Prepares and distributes records, reports, correspondence, and presentations. Scans checks and enters data into Check Deposit Log.
- Tracks marketing and donor collateral and invoices for items purchased by various departments. Manages the marketing closet inventory and checkout process.
- Provides support for recruitment, onboarding, offboarding, benefit administration, and professional development.
- Supports business insurance renewal process.
- Monitors and assists with data requests or creative requests.
- Provides customer account research, technical support with fundraising software, assists with preparation and maintenance of customer profiles (CEO cases), manages communications to volunteers, coordinates campaign material and supply pickup and delivery, and assists in closing outstanding accounts.
- Assists with direct mailings to specific audiences. Tracks results and updates account information.
• Consistently demonstrates Our Suncoast Code and Values including applicable elements of leading self, team, and organization.
• Develops and refines processes to improve efficiency and achievement of goals and objectives.
Qualifications & Skills for Success:
• Typically requires 2 years of relevant experience.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Bilingual or Multilingual (English/Spanish/Creole) a plus.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
• Behaviors reflect a belief that individuals from diverse backgrounds lead to a more successful organization.
• Educates oneself about DEI issues within the organization and community.
• Demonstrates a willingness to become aware of and address one’s own implicit biases.
• Deliberately works to include individuals from underrepresented backgrounds in efforts both internally and externally as appropriate.
• Identifies and integrates the tools and resources needed to create more equitable environments.