By bringing people and organizations together to solve our region’s most pressing issues, United Way of Greater St. Louis is making our community a better place to live, work, and thrive. It’s more than a day job. It’s a mission. Come work with us!
Job Summary: Performs duties involved in the day-to-day functions of the Human Resources Department. Assists in the on-boarding of employees by producing new hire information packets and ensuring enrollment in systems. Maintains databases on employee status by coordinating and expediting the enrollment, processing and maintenance of all benefit and payroll related issues. Provides administrative support for department. Performs HR related duties in areas of employee recognition and employee relations.
- Maintains HR files including employee personnel files and annual compliance records/reports.
- Responsible for preparation of offer of employment packages. Process all hiring and benefit paperwork involved.
- Manages confidential information and difficult conversations with tact and diplomacy. Absolute confidentiality and integrity required.
- Sets up new hire orientation sessions as needed.
- Answers general employee benefit questions, referring employees to carriers as needed to resolve questions and problems.
- Reviews and processes cafeteria plan reimbursements.
- Responsible for processing invoices, including benefit plans.
- Maintains employee information in vendor websites: update status changes including salary and employment status.
- Responsible for data entry of all necessary information and changes related to semi-monthly payroll processing.
- Prepares COBRA and benefits paperwork for terminating employees.
- Responsible for preparing fiscal and calendar year-end reports for Finance. Calculate group-term life insurance for end of year payroll. Process W-2 edit and ensure year-end 1094 & 1095c information is correct with payroll provider.
- Verifies employment and provide information for outside sources within framework of policies and guidelines relating to confidentiality of such information.
- Prepares and distributes anniversary certificates for all employees. Keeps track of and arranges for quarterly length of service awards and vacation letters.
- Assists with employee events.
- Maintains employment and other HR-related statistics as directed and produce reports on scheduled and as-needed basis.
KSA (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- 3-5 years of experience in an administrative support role, preferably with at least 2 years experience working in a human resources capacity.
- High school diploma required. Associate’s degree or comparable experience preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting both expressed and unmet needs of internal and external clients
- Demonstrated understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusionary practices
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks in a matrixed organization structure
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and demonstrated ability to learn recent technology applications.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including 12 days of vacation earned over the first 12 months of employment, sick pay, 10 company holidays, 5 1/2 Flexible/personal holidays, 3 volunteer days, parental leave, health, dental, vision and life insurance for you and your family, short term disability, long term disability, and a 403(b) with an organization match and 3 year vesting schedule.
To apply, please submit your resume and/or cover letter to Careers@stl.unitedway.org
United Way of Greater St. Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer