August 2, 2019
Job Announcement: Administrative Coordinator, Grants & Programs
United Way of King County is a recognized leader in solving the community’s toughest challenges. Come and work for an organization that is working to create a community where people have homes, students graduate, and families are financially stable. We are looking for a Grants & Programs Administrative Coordinator to join our Community Services Team and be part of the solution!
The Grants & Programs Administrative Coordinator supports the work of the Grant Making, Volunteer Engagement, and Planning & Public Policy teams within CST and contributes to an effective team environment in the accomplishment of team goals and objectives. This position is responsible for providing program and logistical support, maintaining documents and client data, and executing other administrative tasks as assigned.
• Provide agency, program and data management support to the Grant Making, Volunteer Engagement, and Planning & Public Policy teams.
• Assist with grantee reporting requirements, including setting up online reporting forms, compiling outcome & data reports, and ensuring that information on agency portals are kept up-to-date.
• Attend meetings, take notes, and provide administrative support at CST meetings and events (i.e., logistics, registration and various communications).
• Process invoices and expense reimbursements, reconcile monthly credit card billing, organize receipts, and obtain signatures for timely submission to Accounting. Proofread and apply editorial judgment to contracts, letters, emails, forms, reports, etc., as requested.
• Track, prepare, update, and verify committee lists, meeting schedules, miscellaneous forms, and charts.
• Coordinate logistics for annual projects such as Project LEAD, Day of Caring, MLK Day, and Lobby Day.
• Coordinate logistics for Emerging Leaders events, such as volunteer registration, training, and supplies.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated ability to handle pressure with attention to detail and ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with peers and lead staff in a team environment.
• Highly organized and strong time management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to be proactive and initiate follow-up for required information or direction.
• Demonstrated ability to work with frequent interruptions and easily move between tasks while being flexible and adaptable to a changing work environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with peers and lead staff using strong customer service skills.
• Written and verbal communication skills, excellent command of grammar, business English, punctuation, spelling and sentence structure, and demonstrated proofreading skills with good
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook), and data management software (i.e., SharePoint, CRM), as well as various event management and conference technology tools (i.e., GetConnected, Skype for Business, LogMeIn). Adobe Acrobat Pro experience preferred.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate’s Degree or equivalent certification, supplemented by completion of an advanced course in office administration, computers or related field. Three years’ administrative, data management, or
related office work experience in a fast paced, and multi-task environment.
The annual recruitment range is $39,500-$41,500, depending on successful experience and prior accomplishments. Union membership (UFCWU Local 21) is required. Priority will be given to applications received by Wednesday, August 14th, however, applications will be accepted on a continuous basis until the position is filled. Don’t hesitate, apply here today.
Note: All candidates MUST apply on our Careers Website in order to be considered for this position.
United Way of King County is an exceptional workplace that can provide you with:
• Opportunity to work with smart, passionate and enthusiastic team members and volunteers
• Working with diverse staff and other constituents
• Culture of high-performance expectations and accountability
• Exciting and challenging work
• Opportunity to help solve the community's toughest problems
• Competitive pay that is commensurate with demonstrated successful performance and experience
Additionally, we offer a full package of competitive benefits for our full-time, regular staff. Benefits include:
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance and employee assistance services
• Annual accrual of 20 days paid time off
• 10 paid scheduled holidays
• Subsidized Orca Card Transit pass
• 403(b) retirement savings plan
• Other benefits that we are happy to discuss with you
United Way of King County is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage people of color to apply.
We are an Employer of National Service: AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.