March 1, 2021
Job Announcement – Administrative Coordinator, Development
United Way of King County’s mission is to bring caring people together to give, volunteer, and take action to help people in need and solve our community's toughest challenges. Our culture fosters leadership, open communication, teamwork and collaboration, integrity, and, accountability.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Coordinator to join the Development Team.
Under the general direction of the Director of Development Operations, this position supports the work of the Development staff in the accomplishment of team goals and objectives. Major areas of focus are donor correspondence, event management, data management and volunteer support. Works specifically with Financial Operations, Information Technology, Brand Management, and with other members of the Development Team.
United Way of King County is an equal employment opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We strongly encourage people of color to apply.
The recruiting salary range is $41,500-$45,500 – DOE. This position is open until filled; first consideration will be given to applications received within two weeks of posting.
Protecting the health and safety of our communities is a top priority. Due to the circumstances surrounding the pandemic, all interviews will be conducted remotely for the time being. We will provide candidates selected for interviews with all the required instructions. If you are hired for the position, you will start off working remotely. UWKC employees are working remotely through July 1st, 2021. We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility with any related changes to our hiring process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates with Brand and Development Teams to support numerous types of events. Requests and gathers data, ensures the invitation lists are reviewed and accurate, mails invitations or emails evites, tracks the guest lists, and takes RSVPs, creates nametags, staffs events, and compiles other materials necessary for the event.
- Creates and maintains expeditious flow of thank you and solicitation mailings to donors. Works with Development staff to personalize thank you and solicitation mailings. Ensures thank you and solicitation letters are correct and mailed out within an established time frame.
- Coordinates with Financial Operations to ensure accurate and timely processing of donations, and requests fast pays.
- Builds and maintain CRM Advanced Finds and SOP’s in support of the team.
- Researches inquiries from team members regarding pledges, sponsorships, and other gifts, as well as companies and individuals United Way hopes to engage as donors.
- Requests data from Data Analysis staff and prepares lists for mailing and/or publications, ensures continuity and accuracy of data standards. Updates and tracks information pertaining to donors, volunteers, and prospects in the databases.
- Supports special projects annually and ad hoc.
- Tracks events, mailings, and electronic communication organizes information for historical purposes.
- Works with the Enterprise donor database and CRM system to assess account information; maintains records; updates account information and mailing lists.
- Answers telephone inquiries, makes proper referrals, and performs general office administration work. Maintains confidentiality of job-related information.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent certification supplemented by completion of an advanced course in administrative, clerical, or related field. At least three years’ experience in administrative, data processing or related work. Experience may be substituted, on a year-for-year basis, for the advanced training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, understanding of correct usage of grammar, business English, basic math, and strong proofreading skills
- Highly organized with strong time-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate standard office equipment
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook). Skilled in preparing mail and email merges. Previous CRM database work, MS PowerPoint, Access, relational database skills, a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to handle pressure with attention to detail and able to work collaboratively with others in a team environment, and across departments
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative to complete complex projects without intensive instruction
- Thoughtfully works with people from all backgrounds at all levels within and outside of organization. Ability to resolve issues, including competing demands, sensitive situations, and conflicts with other groups.
- Experience working on a diverse team and working with different communication styles.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
JOB CONDITIONS AND DEMANDS
Work is performed in an open, sometimes noisy office environment. Position performs considerable keyboard and computer work. Job is performed under constant time requirements and constraints. Normal work hours are 8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Duties occasionally require work outside of normal hours.
This job position performs other duties as deemed necessary by United Way of King County. The contents of this job description may change as deemed necessary by United Way of King County.