About United Way of Greater Houston:
For nearly 100 years, United Way of Greater Houston has brought together diverse partners and approaches to get to the root of complex challenges holding people back.
We are a driving force for good that connects our neighbors to opportunities to thrive. We help our neighbors achieve financial stability, support families and youth with physical and behavioral health and educational services along the way, and provide the safety net that catches the most vulnerable.
And, we manage every gift with care - shepherding your donation to make the greatest impact in the place we call home.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs administrative duties of moderate complexity for the Brand department and organization with a high degree of accuracy and speed. Position requires a high level of personal initiative and independent problem solving, broad knowledge of organizational practices, policies and procedures and understanding of the functions of the department. Incumbent must be proficient in all Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access), Adobe Suite, various automated office systems, tools and specialized data management software/programs and online survey software and tools. Works with a high level of detail-oriented projects in a fast-paced environment with constant time constraints.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provides administrative support including, but not limited to, printing and assembling United Way information, briefing books, and training manuals; printing and mounting signage created by the design team; processing print requests for all departments; and prepares spreadsheets as directed. Processes donor thank you letters. Orders necessary supplies to ensure adequate inventory. Responsible for technical support and basic instruction to staff when required.
- Tracks and fulfills requests for tablets and squares and equipment from within the organization. Responsible for training staff, maintaining equipment, and providing post-event reporting. Creates digital submission and tracking system for fundraising software in addition to pertinent reporting to finance.
- Posts upcoming events on community calendars, United Way’s online web calendar and shares to other free sites. Assists in digitizing, sorting, organizing and labeling of historic assets in digital asset management platform.
- Performs administrative or project-oriented duties as assigned by Manager including support for events, Loaned Executive program training and Agency Speaker training. Provides back up to Speakers, Tours and Fairs and Campaign Materials staff. Helps with special events and volunteer engagement as needed.
High School Diploma or Equivalent. Some College Desirable, But Not Required.
3 years: Professional experience at a level of excellence in office skills, administrative support (computer, office equipment, telephone etiquette, filing, document production, etc.). Advanced computer literacy and proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access), Adobe Suite, specialized data management software (i.e. Cvent, Salesforce) and online survey software (i.e. SurveyGizmo, SurveyMonkey, Doodle). Proficiency with web and mobile technology, i.e. Android OS.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.