The Administrative Coordinator provides effective and efficient administrative support and coordination to a team of leaders within and with responsibilities to Executive Office. The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for maintaining a large volume of information, meeting preparation and scheduling, ensuring timely and accurate responses to inquires and communications, while providing excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Serves as coordinator of various meetings convened by the Executive Office. To include booking meeting rooms, sending calendar invitations, managing attendance and preparing materials.
- Receives incoming calls to the Executive Office, determines nature of call and whether it requires the attention of the Executive office team, takes messages and maintains contact information, and whenever possible responds to caller directly based on knowledge of the Executive Office teams’ preferences, office functions, policy, priorities and availability or makes sure the caller receives appropriate transfer to another department.
- Processes all incoming correspondence received by the Executive Office team, prioritizing and determining its disposition.
- Prepares communications as directed by the Executive Office team including but not limited to correspondence from Committee Chairs regarding committee information.
- Prepares, reviews, proofreads, and formats paper and electronic correspondence to include: letters, agendas, annotated agendas, and presentations for the Executive Office team. Seek approvals and signatures when necessary.
- Maintains records management of Executive Office files, communications and meetings; and Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Nominating Committee and Organizational Development Committee, special committee, and Core Management meetings, as required.
- Maintains the filing system, creating and updating files and records, hard copy and in CRM system, as necessary using judgment and knowledge of office requirements and standard operating procedures, determining retention and purging schedules, and retrieving files and documents as needed.
- Prepares Executive Office teams’ expense and mileage reports and check requisitions in a timely manner.
- Provides general administrative support to Chief Technology Officer and Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, as requested. To include booking meeting rooms, sending calendar invitations, managing attendance and preparing materials; preparing check requisitions; and drafting correspondence.
- Provide coverage when necessary to the United Way’s front desk.
- Contributes to the overall success of the United Way by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Facilitates the effective planning and organization of Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Nominating Committee and Organizational Development Committee and special meetings, as required. Responsible for preparing notices including advance distribution of materials (on select committees), and minutes; preparation of agendas and annotated agendas, materials for meetings; including PowerPoints, documents and maintaining attendance. Maintains close relationships with administrative assistants to the members and all staff of the Board of Directors.
- Maintaining records management of the UWGSL Board of Directors to include updating current demographics on board members in all necessary places to ensure consistency across organization.
- Continually seeking to improve administrative functions through process improvement.
- Managing and proactively anticipating internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides added value and generates significant customer satisfaction internally and externally.
- Provide timely and accurate responses to requests to Executive Office team members.
KSA (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- High school diploma/GED required; Associate degree or comparable experience preferred
- Minimum of two to three years’ experience providing administrative support
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to maintain professionalism and a positive customer service attitude
- Mature judgment with ability to hold information confidential
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders, providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- Ability to adapt and keep current in a rapidly changing and organic environment
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.