The Resource Generation division is responsible for raising the funds necessary for United Way of Greater St. Louis to meet its mission of helping people live their best possible lives. All Resource Generation team members are committed to providing high quality prospecting, cultivating, service delivery and stewardship of donors to make their giving easy, impactful and personally meaningful.
The Coordinator, Organization Administrative Services plays an essential role in the division’s efforts through effective and efficient completion, as well as continuous improvement, of assigned tasks for administration, operations and support processes.
- Provide administrative support to assigned staff, including managing calendars, managing invoices and check requests, receive and appropriately route incoming calls and mail, and providing backup for other coordinators as needed.
- Provide meeting support including: schedule meetings, prepare and break down meeting space, manage attendance, prepare materials and develop minutes.
- Ensures data is updated and accurate in database. Responsibilities include merging accounts, researching duplicates and assisting in organizing accounts in required divisions or segments.
- Prepare paper and electronic correspondence and other documents that are accurate, detailed, and timely.
- Manage electronic and print mailings, ensuring professionally and timely execution.
- Provide event support including: preparation of event invitations and materials, manage event registration and assisting with event implementation and follow-up
- Review and recommend improvements to processes associated with areas of responsibility.
- Continually research and share opportunities, best practices, trends and benchmark data to inform United Way and its efforts to attract, retain and engage donors.
- Actively participate in identified opportunities for professional growth, including supervisory and team meetings, trainings, and organization-wide events.
- Establish positive relationships with related internal partners, corporate, charitable, civic, community and government organizations, providing accurate and quality customer service and information to external clients and stakeholders for all inquiries.
- Contribute to the overall success of the United Way by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
All work contributes to the attainment of the following strategic plan initiatives:
- Clearly articulate and communicate UW’s value proposition.
- Partner with companies/organizations to achieve philanthropic and community engagement goals.
- Cultivate and engage donors to deepen their UW relationship and giving through donor advised funds, major gifts and planned giving.
- Guide individuals to help them achieve their personal social responsibility goals.
KSA (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- High school diploma required. Associate’s degree or comparable experience preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in an administrative support role preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding and supportive of United Way and its philosophy, goals and role in the community
- Team oriented with a commitment to fostering strong, productive, working relationships with all staff, volunteers, and the overall community
- Ability to efficiently and accurately work under time and performance pressure
- Projects and maintains a positive and professional attitude
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting the both expressed and unmet needs of internal and external clients
- Comfort in a fast paced, rapidly shifting and evolving workplace
- Innovative and open to exploring and implementing new ideas
- Demonstrated understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusionary practices
- High level of integrity with demonstrated ability to exercise tact and good judgment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks in a matrixed organization structure
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and demonstrated ability to learn new technology applications. Experience working within Salesforce applications preferred.
To apply, submit your resume to Careers@stl.UnitedWay.org
United Way of Greater St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer