POSTING DATE: December 3, 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 17, 2017
Perform complex duties supporting multiple functions that include Diversity and Inclusion, Special Events and the Women’s Leadership Council. Duties include managing, organizing, support planning, editing, proficient use of technology and other duties that are above that of a general nature and level that an administrative assistant would perform.
- Coordinate, organize and/or assist in coordinating special event logistics and inter-department activities.
- Support the planning and execution of activities while providing on-site support as applicable.
- Provide support for programmatic activities which may include preparing materials, scheduling meetings, organizing activities, development of surveys and distribution.
- Responsible for supporting the achievement of United Way of Central Ohio's strategy map goals.
- Create, edit, and maintain Eventbrite registration for guests who attend special events.
- Fully utilize CRM database including designing and sending emails and creating marketing lists.
- Create, edit and merge documents, forms, cards and labels; fully utilize all technical equipment; proofread documents for errors.
- Create and maintain sophisticated tables from data, manage and manipulate information in Microsoft Excel or Word documents, create presentations and slides using Microsoft PowerPoint. Assist in monitoring expenses and budgets.
- Maintain calendars, regularly arrange meetings, conferences and appointments; arrange hotel and travel accommodations.
- Compose regular and non-routine correspondence or documents; respond to internal and external requests, type material from handwritten notes; independently compose correspondence for review.
- Provide administrative support including but not limited to creating and maintaining binders, files and reports, completing mailings, organizing and managing inventory, conducting research, developing and managing event forms, compiling event and meeting materials.
- Independently interact with others to resolve inquiries and complaints; answer routine and non-routine requests for information and work to maintain a customer focus.
- Facilitate communication to internal and external constituents and obtain information from external representatives for use by others; contact other staff and outside parties regularly to exchange information or respond to program or events.
- Email information, take minutes and transcribe.
- Manage multiple tasks and assignments.
- Assist with general communication to vendors such as venues, caterers, photographers and audio-visual representatives.
- Position requires strong communications, organizational, oral and written skills. The ability to, edit, proofread, complete and assemble complex reports.
- Requires good analytical ability, decision making and initiative. Requires ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Position requires thorough knowledge of department policies, practices, and operations in order to perform administrative details - normally obtained in three or more years of related experience with the organization.
- Position requires good organizational and interpersonal skills to coordinate workload among administrative support and demonstrated dependability in meeting deadlines and coordinating tasks.
- Position requires experience working with PCs and LAN. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint, Outlook e-mail and various databases is also required.
- Position requires professional demeanor and excellent telephone presence.
- Maintain confidentiality of privileged information.
- Consistently adhere to inter-departmental, volunteer and constituent service standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports United Way mission, vision, value statements, service and confidentiality standards, policies and procedures.
- Thorough acceptance and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma and a minimum of five (5) years’ experience or equivalent education and experience. Associates Degree in business or related field is preferred.
- POSTING DETAILS: December 3, 2018
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 17, 2018
- Please submit your resume & cover letter to no later than the application deadline to the following URL address: https://liveunitedcentralohio.org/careers/
Please Note: Applicants will see a confirmation message after successfully completing the online application process. If a message does not appear, then the application was not successfully completed. Please re-submit your application and if submission issues continue, feel free to call 614.227.2700 for assistance.
United Way is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.