Vision and Mission:
At United Way of Northeast Florida, we envision a community of opportunity where everyone has hope and can reach their full potential. Our mission is to solve our community’s toughest challenges by connecting people, resources and ideas.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is not only valued and demonstrated in our hiring practices, it is a fundamental part of our mission throughout our organization and the communities we serve.
Purpose of Position:
Provide advanced administrative support for the Chief Development Officer and the Individual Engagement team. Directly assist multiple team members through functions such as administrative tasks, database management, complex mailings, detailed donor reporting, donor relations, and event assistance.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Write draft communication, edit and process outgoing correspondence, including mass mailing items and any additional communications and marketing materials.
- Provide exemplary support to volunteer committees.
- Manage the department’s inventory of materials needed to promote various programs,
- Support Chief Development Officer and Tocqueville Society Director in daily activities - managing calendar/scheduling and email, recording and delivering accurate messages, managing office files and other duties as assigned.
- Support Individual Engagement team as needed by performing basic administrative functions.
- Manage and track budgets.
- Prepare, obtain necessary signatures, and submit miscellaneous expense reimbursement requests.
- Develop and maintain positive relations with all staff, departments, agency representatives, donors and volunteers.
- Serve in a highly collaborative and supportive role to accomplish key projects.
- Perform other miscellaneous administrative duties as assigned.
- Lead with a Donor Centric mentality.
Database Management and Reporting:
- Assist with the receipt, recording, and processing of Tocqueville and Legacy Giving contributions.
- Maintain departmental records to include filing paper documents and managing computer based information, prospective donor management and donor management (i.e. Stratus Live, Microsoft Office), and membership databases.
- Ensure the accuracy of shared information, correspondence, internal databases and disseminated materials for all supported programs.
- Event planning and day of the event logistics may include developing invitation lists, maintaining budget, processing invitations, tracking RSVPs, managing the registration process, tracking attendance, assuming responsibility for data entry, analysis and reports. May also include helping with nametags, decorations, food, materials, speaker and sponsorship coordination.
- Proactively assist with coordination and management of other special events, meetings, and activities as needed.
- Associates Degree or equivalent from accredited two-year college or technical school preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an administrative assistant in a busy office environment. AA degree in Business/Communications may substitute for some of the work experience requirement.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Teams, and Zoom.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally, in writing and through interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to navigate the internet and other systems for donor research purposes.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative and effectively manage multiple projects from inception to completion.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn department specific information and provide input.
- Ability to interact with high level donors with strong customer skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work nights and weekends for events.
Professional Core Competencies Required:
- Mission Focused: Creates real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship Oriented: Places people before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator (Includes teamwork and communication): Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial & human) through meaningful engagement. Strong supporter of a team environment.
- Results Driven: Dedicates efforts to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Understands role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
General Physical Requirements for Essential Functions of the Job:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and/or hear. Continual use of the hands with wrist and finger movement using a keyboard is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include long hours viewing a computer monitor screen. The employee may occasionally travel using personal vehicle and/or work outside normal office environment.
UWNEFL reserves the right to adjust work location. This position is currently remote due to COVID-19. Business needs will determine future work location.
This description is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of all team members assigned to this position. It is intended only to describe the key elements relative to each section. Also, duties and/or requirements of this position may be modified, added or deleted at any time. This supersedes all descriptions previously written for the same position. Unique equivalent skills and experience may possibly substitute for required position requirements.
United Way of Northeast Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Environment.