Position: Administrative Assistant - Resource Development
Work Schedule: Full-Time. Core hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00-4:30 p.m. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, which may include early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
Purpose of Position: To support the needs of the Resource Development Department staff and volunteers essential to the efficient operation of the department.
Essential Functions:Provide administrative support to the Annual Giving staff within the Resource Development department:
- Maintain accurate records pertinent to the department. This includes prospect lists, designation and gift data, event attendance and volunteer committees.
- Compile data and summary reports for department needs, i.e. company profile sheets, goal sheets and database reports.
- Develop and maintain organized files of correspondence, reports, account files and other activities pertaining to volunteers and resource development projects.
- Prepare materials for mailings to include list management, merging letters and other materials, collating, stuffing, and mailing. This includes the annual campaign packets and thank you letters for donors.
- Provide administrative support for volunteer committee meetings, assuming responsibility for attendance, room reservations, refreshments, distributing agenda and supporting documentation.
- Provide support for workplace campaigns including collecting committee member information, pulling Campaign Excellence Award data, tagging CEO solicitors, assisting with coordinator workshops, and preparing campaign associates and Loaned Labor Leader’s materials.
- Provide support as needed for special events both prior to the event and on-site for the event with invitations, reservations, attendance, and other duties as assigned.
- Provide administrative support for volunteer committee meetings including Resource Development, Campaign Cabinet, Coordinator Council, and Transformational Gifts, assuming responsibility for attendance, room reservations, refreshments, assist in creating and distributing agenda and supplemental documentation.
- Provide support for special events/trainings both prior to the event and on-site. Detail support for reservations, attendance, invitations, flyers, etc.
Collaboration with Organizational staff:
- Assist in establishing and implementing work-flow priorities to increase efficiency in meeting departmental objectives and work quality.
- Serve as a member of the Database User Group for recommending system improvements.
- Assist in Front Desk coverage as back-up to the Receptionist.
- High school diploma with prior demonstrated administrative success, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-5 years administrative experience.
- Exceptional skills with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated experience working with a database, extrapolating data, running reports, and manipulating reports.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel is minimal and would primarily be local during the business day.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Pay Range: $37,000 - $42,000
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.