Reporting To: Executive Director
Exempt OR Non-exempt: Exempt
Job Status: Full Time w/Benefits
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with the possibility of occasional night or weekend work. Due to the reception responsibilities included with this position, this role is not eligible for the organization’s flexible scheduling program.
Overall Purpose of this Role:
Perform administrative duties in support of the organization. Coordinate reception services, serving as the organization’s primary receptionist. The Administrative Assistant provides data entry and administrative support for the Annual United Way Campaign as well as other events. Will with work the financial team on invoicing, payables, and other financial transactions.
- Maintains ANDAR donor database
- Maintenance of Campaign financial records, works with financial team to invoice donors
- Sending of thank you letters for donors, event sponsors, and others in the community
- Creating of campaign packets for companies
- Ordering materials for campaign and for office use
- Reception duties
- Preparing mailings and maintaining mailing lists.
- Creates correspondence, memorandums, reports and materials as needed.
- Maintains special events attendance databases
- Participate in staff meetings
- Make Bank Deposits
- Answer attendant console calls and directs callers to the appropriate departments and/or community resources
- Complete daily check log by entering check received in morning mail into a registry log, then forward check to financial team
- Apply postage to daily outgoing mail, included shipping occasional parcel with most cost-effective means of shipping. Coordinate back-up processes when out of the office
- Create and send out multiple mailers throughout the year
- Complete mailing process for USPS bulk standard mailings, including stuffing envelopes, sorting into zip code sequence, completing piece count, packaging or tray pieces. Enters mailing information into USPS Business portal to electronically submit mailing form and arranges with courier to deliver bulk mailing.
- Provide courteous and sensitive customer service to both internal and external customers
- Maintain a positive people approach; seek out work to be done; serve more than one customer at a time in an efficient and positive manner; work under pressure, deadlines, and time constraints; and work independently and as part of a team
- Participate as a collaborative member of the organization’s team, providing assistance where needed to ensure that the administrative needs of the entire organization are met
Experience, Education, Skills, and Training:
- Associates Degree (or Higher), or relevant work experience
- Experience with database entry (non-profit or otherwise) a plus
- Patience, good listening skills, and the ability to assist individuals in a thoughtful and respectful manner required
- Experience working with diverse populations and stakeholders preferred
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to handle confidential material in a discreet, professional manner without compromise.
Competencies and Required Skills:
- Accuracy, thoroughness, exceptional attention to detail and follow through.
- Strong spelling, grammar, punctuation, and proofreading abilities
- Strong organization and planning skills, and ability to multi-task.
- Outstanding interpersonal, team, and customer service skills; projecting a positive, supportive attitude.
- Results-oriented, self-directed, and personally accountable for expectations, timelines, and measures. Meets deadlines based on customer needs.
- Must work with a sense of urgency when time lines require it
- High level of written and oral communication skills
- Flexible; can change focus and priorities easily; able to prioritize and multi-task in a busy environment with multiple interruptions daily
- Proactive, able to anticipate problems and plan solutions. Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to review own work, recognize problems and errors, and determine appropriate corrective action
- Ability to take direction well and respond appropriately
- Punctual and reliable
- Work is primarily performed indoors, within an open office setting with a moderate noise level and occasional exposure to scents.
- Frequently required to sit/ at computer in a stationery position.
- Frequently operates a computer and other office productivity equipment, such as copy machine, printer, phone, and fax machine.
- Frequently required to move about inside the office for meetings, access to information, office equipment, etc.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds to stock office and kitchen supplies, reaching overhead and bending
- Mission Focused
- Brand Steward
- United Way staff, external guests, donors, agency/program staff, building contractors, community representatives, the general public, benefit providers, and volunteers.
Supervises: No direct reports
How to apply:
Please submit resume, cover letter, salary requirements and 2 professional references via e-mail to email@example.com . Please no phone calls.
United Way of Richland County is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Drug-Free Workplace employer.