When uploading your job description, be sure to include the following areas:
Vision and Mission:
At United Way of Northeast Florida, we envision a community of opportunity where everyone has hope and can reach their full potential. Our mission is to solve our community’s toughest challenges by connecting people, resources and ideas.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is not only valued and demonstrated in our hiring practices, it is a fundamental to mission, our organization and the communities we serve.
Purpose of Position:
The Marketing and Communications assistant position will provide administrative support for the marketing and communications team, in addition to assisting with Resource Development needs and special projects. This includes helping execute various strategies and plans to maintain effective working relationships with other departments.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Provide administrative support for the Marketing and Communications department, including Digital Strategies, which includes but it not limited to filing, scheduling, ordering supplies, maintaining and tracking inventory, requesting outside-vendor estimates, and preparing check requisitions.
- Manage the preparation of materials for campaign rallies, ensuring the Resource Development team has the campaign brochures, T-shirts and marketing collateral needed.
- Provide logistical and creative support for special events, including the annual kickoff and celebration events. Tasks include, but are not limited to, maintaining RSVP lists, managing the event timeline, and establishing a day of event staff assignment list.
- Coordinate Speakers Bureau, ensuring speakers list is up-to-date, scheduling speakers at rallies and arranging an annual training.
- Coordinate Agency Tours in partnership with the Community Impact department, ensuring list of agencies that offer tours is up-to-date and arranging the tours as needed.
- Support United Way’s social-media communications, as needed.
- Support digital strategies manager with main website and intranet updates, as needed.
- Support marketing mass email and invite sends, as needed.
- Coordinates Monday Message and/or other special internal communications projects, such as our office television screens, under the supervision of the Director.
- Work with volunteer(s) or staff to maintain department history files, organizing and appropriately storing photographs and marketing materials.
- Serve as organization photographer, as needed, and/or support a professional photographer hired for special events or marketing shoots.
- Assist in recruiting and supervising interns assigned to marketing.
- Often works independently to achieve results related to the primary essential functions of the position.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate, as needed, with departments and marketing team to share key messages and brand guidelines to ensure those messages and guidelines are consistently used in all communications and marketing materials.
- Schedule events and meetings that need marketing support and ensure appropriate follow-up.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure departments, events and initiatives have appropriate marketing/communications support.
- Undergraduate degree or 5 years clerical support experience in a fast-paced environment
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally, in writing and through interpersonal skills
- Significant, well-rounded experience in project management and administrative functions
- Relationship builder with the flexibility to manage multiple internal clients and external audiences
- Exceptional time management, organization, oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with digital marketing assets, including website and mass email communication platform, preferred
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency, able to work independently
Mastery of computer software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. (knowledge of graphic design, photo-editing, Adobe Creative Suite software and website content management a plus).
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.