United Way of the Capital Region is looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant to provide administrative and customer support for the major gifts and planned giving programs as well as other resource development efforts.
Position Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Work Schedule: Full-Time. Core hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, which may occasionally include early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
Purpose of Position: To provide administrative and customer service support for the major gifts and planned giving programs. To assist and support all resource development efforts as needed.
- Maintain accurate records pertinent to individual giving efforts.
- Compile data and summary reports for department needs, ie designation reports, gift and pledge tracking, annual prospect lists, etc.
- Coordinate and support all aspects of the Tocqueville Society Deferred Designation program.
- Prepare materials for mailings. This includes the annual campaign packets and thank you letters for all leadership donors.
- Provide administrative support for committee meetings and special events as assigned.
- Maintain daily calendars, project deadlines and meeting schedules.
- Prepare routine correspondence with only general supervision and provide administrative support to department.
- Three- five years’ administrative experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated ability to work with executive levels in business, industry and government, foundation management, and other key community leaders.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
The compensation range for this position is an hourly rate of $15.35 - $17.43, based on experience, and is supplemented with a very generous benefit package.
All applicants must submit a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Admin Assistant" in the subject line to be considered.