Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: Executive Office
Reports to: CEO
The Administrative Assistant’s primary role is to provide support to the CEO and Executive Office, performing a variety of administrative duties requiring a certain level of experience and skills. Responsibilities also include business contacts, meetings, travel and special projects.
The Administrative Assistant interacts with members of the Executive Office, UWSEM staff, Board members, staff from United Way network organizations, and other key constituents.
Overall, the Administrative Assistant must exercise a high level of judgment, work independently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities, draw from experience to perform advanced support and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under general supervision, provide support to CEO and Executive Assistant, including:
1. Assist with Governance and external meetings, including logistics, materials, etc.; screen and direct incoming calls and visitors.
2. Compose and proofread correspondence including letters, memos, emails, and other documents using proper grammar, spelling and punctuation. Compile data for standard and special reports. May transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings.
3. Respond to routine questions and requests and refer higher level managerial requests to the Executive Assistant, as appropriate.
4. Perform special projects as directed by the CEO, including events, etc.
5. Work cooperatively with internal and external customers. Assist other departments, as needed. Respond to requests for information from outside the department.
6. Receive, track and process invoices, check requests, expense reports and credit cards.
7. Coordinate travel arrangements.
8. Organize material for data entry and perform accurate, high-volume data entry.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
Experience: Requires minimum 3-5 years of experience providing business and administrative support, including supporting a senior level manager(s) or an executive. Experience in the nonprofit sector is highly valued.
Critical Skills & Characteristics:
· Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects and drive toward deadlines.
· Must have the ability to exercise sound, independent judgment.
· Superior organizational skills and detail-orientation.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Must possess strong oral and written communicate skills.
· Professionalism, confidentiality, empathy, customer service orientation, discretion and proper telephone skills are essential.
· Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.