United Way of Wisconsin (UWWi) provides member support services to the 40 local and independent United Ways in Wisconsin. UWWI supports the capacity development of local United Ways in Wisconsin, individually and working together, so that they can build strong communities by mobilizing our public, private and non-profit sectors through research, civic engagement, public policy advocacy, and results-based funding.
UWWi also manages several statewide initiatives including United for ALICE, Early Childhood, 211 Wisconsin and Volunteer Wisconsin.
To support and enrich a strong statewide United Way network that maximizes the capacity of local United Ways to address human needs, improve lives and create lasting positive change across Wisconsin.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Office Assistant is responsible for coordinating office operations and supporting the Executive Director to implement United Way of Wisconsin’s strategic plan. Depending on candidate qualifications the position may also include communications, account management and/or human resources.
Executive Director Support
- Coordinate Executive Director calendar and meeting preparation.
- Assist with data analytics and meeting preparation related to statewide coalition and stakeholder meetings.
- Collect information and draft reports, data analysis and prepare presentation slides.
- Provide support for quarterly board meetings.
Member Services Support
- Assist Member Services Manager to coordinate member meetings and annual regional conference.
- Assist with member requests for operational data including developing and administering surveys as well as compiling, analyzing, and interpreting results.
- Assist in statewide initiatives.
Accounting and Office Support
- Liaison to accounting, audit and other contract services including preparing deposits, check requests, expense tracking, and file maintenance.
- Maintain office equipment and supplies.
- Assist in maintenance of office records.
- Answer phones and route calls when appropriate.
Human Resource Support (depending on candidate experience)
- Place employment listings
- Screen applicants
- Coordinate applicant interviews
- Onboard new employees
Project Support (depending on candidate experience)
- Assist Project Managers with basic administrative tasks including copying, filing, making packets, and faxing documentation.
- Assist Project Managers with research and information compilation.
Communications Support (depending on candidate experience)
- Implement communication strategies including content management, external list serves and newsletters.
- Prepare and manage weekly member briefing and monthly newsletter.
- Develop print and social media assets.
- Manage paid social and google ad campaigns.
- Attend board of directors’ meetings, statewide meetings, and regional conference as assigned.
- Preserve the confidentiality of discussions and/or privileged information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and Experience:
AA degree preferred and 2-3 years of office experience in a similar setting.
Required Skills and Aptitudes:
- Able to complete multiple tasks, be flexible, establish priorities, meet deadlines, and adapt to a changing work environment.
- Must exhibit high degree of initiative.
- Intermediate MS Office Skills including experience using Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- Professional and engaging customer focused approach.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in direct relationship with a diverse group of individuals or organizations in an effective manner.
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Experience using business analytic tools such as Domo, Tableau, or ability to learn, desired.
- Familiarity with accounts receivable/payable and other basic bookkeeping tasks, desired
- Experience coordinating human resource tasks, desired.
- Social media and marketing experience, desired
- Prior non-profit or AmeriCorps experience is preferred.
United Way Core Competencies for All Staff
- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
For More Information:
Contact Lizzy O’Hara and email@example.com.