Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: C.E.O.
United Way of Clallam County advances the common good by creating opportunities for a better life for all. Our focus is on Education, Financial Stability, and Health – the building blocks of quality of life. We recruit people and organizations who bring the passion, expertise, and resources needed to get things done and have worked for over 65 years to improve community conditions in Clallam County. Through a variety of efforts including an annual workplace fundraising campaign, fund distribution activities, community assessments, and cross-sector collaborations United Way of Clallam County encourages others to give, advocate, volunteer and LIVE UNITED.
Our Mission/Goals: To strengthen our communities by enhancing the ability of people to live safe, healthy, and productive lives.
To remain the premier fundraising group in our community for human service needs.
To collaborate with the community to provide leadership in meeting human service needs.
To help people give to our community.
To be a constructive voice for human service needs in Clallam County.
General Position Summary:
This position is responsible for providing administrative support for all staff such as general office support, meeting planning and preparation, resource development, and finance while maintaining organizational confidentiality. This position also assists with the coordination of campaign and community impact activities, constituent relationship management, and pledge processing. Requires flexibility to work primarily 9:00 – 5:00 with some non-traditional hours and some travel throughout Clallam County. Full-time with benefits including an Employer-paid healthcare plan, Simplified Employee Retirement Plan, Wellness Incentive, paid holidays, and time off. $45,760 per year.
- Produce/distribute Board of Directors, Board Committees, and Partner Agency Forums meeting notices, agendas, and minutes.
- Coordinate meeting arrangements as needed for United Way Board, committees, staff, and volunteers which includes conference room reservation, media, and room set up.
- Maintain an electronic archive of meeting minutes and distribute as needed.
- Establish and maintain mailing lists and database files of board members, volunteers, agencies, corporate donors, and other constituents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Resource Generation/Communication Supports:
- Execute thank you letters to donors and other mailings.
- Assist with bulk mailings, including preparing materials, and postal procedures.
- Assist with campaign events, including invitations, correspondence, coordination of volunteers, guest registration, catering, and recognition items.
- Assist with the preparation of campaign materials and campaign supply inventory.
- Assist with pledge processing, pledge data entry, and ongoing maintenance of donor database.
- Scan and enter bills, payments, and financial statements.
- Work with third-party bookkeeper to maintain monthly transaction reports, accounts payable, receivable, and other financial records as needed.
- Communicate effectively with both the public and funded Agencies about United Way.
- Distribute and process agency grant applications, financial spreadsheets, surveys, and reports. Assist with funding application judging processes.
- Maintain and organize funded agency files, both electronic and hard copy.
Physical demands include sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time, bending, lifting approximately thirty pounds, and regular use of the telephone, copier, and computer. Reliable transportation is required.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to three years of administrative or non-profit experience in a similar capacity.
- From prior work experience(s), demonstrate the ability to work successfully in a dynamic team environment.
- Demonstrate ability to provide excellent customer relations.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communications skills (i.e., written, and verbal).
- Attention to detail.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with mail merges.
- Database management and report generation.
- Organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Media, projector, and Wi-Fi set up.
United Way of Clallam County is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse staff. People of color and those of all abilities are encouraged to apply. To see our solidarity statement, click here.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.