United Way of Pennsylvania and PA 211 are seeking an enthusiastic and detail-oriented team player to provide key administrative support which allows both organizations to deliver on their missions. The administrative assistant will also provide support to United Way of Pennsylvania President and PA 211 Executive Director who is responsible for implementing the strategic priorities of both Boards of Directors. The administrative assistant must also regularly honor deadlines, while driving routine tasks in support of bookkeeping and board support for both organizations.
- Establish relationships with Boards of Directors of PA 211 and United Way of Pennsylvania, and support board engagement through
- Provide excellent customer service to members and partners for both organizations.
- Assure accurate and timely accounting support, in close working relationship with UWP’s external account.
- Deliver proactive administrative support to the President/ Executive Director
- Increase organizational efficiency by improving electronic file organization and establishing conventions for the whole team to follow.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Board Support for United Way of Pennsylvania and PA 211
Accounting Support for United Way of Pennsylvania and PA 211
- Lead relationship with UWP Accounting firm
- Keep log of all checks received for UWP and PA 211
- Keep log and code invoices for UWP and PA 211, obtain President/Executive Director’s approval for payment
- Manage credit card reconciliation process
- Provide documentation for annual UWP audit or financial review
Grants Management Support
- Maintain electronic files for all grant contracts, subcontracts, and reporting requirements
- Coordinate grant subcontracts, disburse payments and coordinate reporting as directed by the President/ Executive Director
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.