PURPOSE OF POSITION
To provide reception, secretarial, administrative and data entry support for staff, board, and committees.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Answer telephone and act as receptionist for organization.
- Collect and distribute incoming, interoffice, and outgoing mail.
- Serve as cashier for organization.
- Prepare daily deposit details for campaign and general ledger posting.
- Receive campaign pledge reports from both internal & external sources and prepare pledge reports for data entry including cash reconciliation, batch/envelope preparation, and deposit.
- Maintain all mailing lists for organization following established guidelines.
- Responsible for data entry of volunteers, address changes, and other information within established guidelines.
- Assist with entry of pledges/designations.
- Manage DPIL enrollee database (when intern not available).
- Record and prepare Board of Directors’ minutes for permanent record.
- Package supplies for employee campaigns and maintain inventory of all related campaign supplies.
- Prepare miscellaneous correspondence, reports, etc. as requested.
- Keep all office equipment properly maintained.
- Schedule meetings/secure meeting locations as requested.
- Manage reservation lists and manage billings for special events.
- Maintain purchase order system and purchase office, housekeeping and other miscellaneous supplies within established budget; ensures all supplies are stocked and available for staff use.
- Manage check out system for campaign and marketing support materials (banners, signs, easels, etc.).
- Schedule Speakers’ Bureau presentations for employee campaign meetings.
- Serve as backup 2-1-1 contact specialist as needed.
- Coordinate weekly Friend In Need Column for Daily News.
- Complete other projects/tasks as assigned by Management.
- Reports to Director of Administration
- Collaborates with all UWSK staff in team environment
- Works directly with volunteers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum two years receptionist/secretarial experience
- Computer/Office Skills: Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to quickly master UWSK’s database software.
- Well-organized and detail oriented and able to work well with people across various socio-economic backgrounds.
- Must be able to organize multiple and varied assignments in a timely manner with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be able to take initiative, work independently and produce consistently high quality work.
- Ability to speak and write clearly and concisely for a broad audience.
- Ability to analyze and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to balance a variety of perspectives within a politically sensitive environment.
- Knowledge of human service system preferable.
Core Competencies Required:
- Customer Relationship Management
- Results Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Self Development
- Technical Expertise
- Accountability/Brand Stewardship
- Represents United Way of Southern Kentucky positively, professionally, courteously and effectively.
- Assists or takes on new tasks to help UWSK achieve its mission.
- Integrates UWSK’s business strategies by building positive internal and external relationships.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding personnel and organizational information.
- Adheres to and models the UWSK Code of Ethics at all times.