Purpose of Position:
This position manages administrative needs for the Volunteer and Community Engagement team, including database management and reporting, tracking and reporting volunteer management and CRM database, and assist with campaign logistics.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
Database Management and Reporting:
- Support Volunteer and Community Engagement in the management of volunteer management software, including entering volunteer data, pulling reports, answering volunteer questions, etc.
- Compile ongoing dashboard and reports of Volunteer and Community Engagement activity. Review reports for accuracy and completeness working to resolve any questions or errors.
- Submit new volunteer information using internal process for data integration. Ensure the accuracy of shared information, correspondence, internal databases, and disseminated materials for all supported programs.
- Provide administrative support in preparing for data-oriented projects such as board or Council meetings, etc.
Support Vice President in daily activities-- managing calendar, recording and delivering accurate messages, responding to volunteers and corporate partners and other basic administrative functions
- Track the Volunteer & Community Engagement budget, including the preparation of all check requests, processing invoices for Vice President’s review monthly
- Send meeting notices, assist with calendar, manage RSVPs, prepare room and final materials, take/transcribe minutes in a timely manner, organize and prepare refreshments, provide day-of support, etc. Assist with correspondence to volunteers and Volunteer and Community Engagement Council members, and other duties as necessary
- Draft and proofread emails, letters, word documents, excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoints
- Prepare materials as needed for appointments, meetings and business travel
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, evaluating new office products, placing and expediting orders for supplies, and verifying receipt of supplies
- Serve as a representative of the organization by developing and maintaining positive relations with all staff, departments, agency representatives, and volunteers and donors. Serve in a highly collaborative and supportive role to accomplish key projects through teamwork
- Provide coverage for the Front Desk as needed.
- Facilitate program logistics for community engagement activities such as the poverty simulation, including organizing supplies and materials in the simulation kit; support the scheduling of volunteer trainings
- Assist in monitoring volunteer program timelines and budgets
- Ensure volunteers are acknowledged and thanked in a timely manner, according to the department process.
- Research and create presentations
- Maintain computer and filing systems
Experience / Position Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree preferred or 3 years’ clerical support experience in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills/abilities (i.e., having to establish, manage and meet deadlines)
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Database management and input
- Must be able to solve problems quickly and effectively.
- Ability to work independently, selecting and applying appropriate reference tools/materials to complete the project/task
- Strong customer service skills; Ability to establish excellent rapport with co-workers, general public, volunteers and donors
- Curiosity, desire to learn and passionate about building a stronger community
- Ability to embrace change and create process and order in the midst of it
- Maintain donor relations
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.