United Way of Acadiana is the leading community solutions provider in the region through innovative and results-oriented programming and through our mobilization of over 4,000 volunteers annually. In 2014, we were named the Outstanding Nonprofit in Louisiana and received an award for innovation from the Greater Lafayette Chamber of Commerce for our work in public schools through The Leader in Me. Ranked number three in our market size nationally for our community impact work, we invest in and activate resources to make the greatest possible impact in the communities we serve. United Way fights for the health, education and financially stability of every person in every community.
We take on the tough issues, bringing together people with the resources, passion and expertise to get things done. We are independent, separately incorporated and governed by a board of volunteer community leaders.
If you share our vision for a more educated, prosperous and safer Acadiana, where all individuals and families achieve their potential, we invite you to consider joining our team. Help us advance the common good by taking on the community issues that no one organization on its own can solve. You can be part of the change by lending your talents and skills in innovation to mobilize others to LIVE UNITED.
Director of Administration
Basic Job Summary:
The United Way of Acadiana Administration and Finance Assistant (AFA) is a full-time staff person that provides support for governance activities, administrative operations, and assists with financial processes.
The AFA will provide meetings management for all governance aspects of the organization. Meetings management includes managing the schedule, updating volunteer rosters, documentation of minutes, archiving of records and securing a location for meetings.
The AFA will provide clerical assistance to the Administration and Finance department by serving as a receptionist, managing mail, making bank deposits, and assisting the Director of Administration and the Director of Finance, as needed.
This role will also support the President/CEO with scheduling and with clerical tasks as assigned.
Areas of Responsibility:
1. Assist with meetings management for the Executive Committee, Board of Directors, Audit and Operational Excellence Committees and all-staff meetings.
2. Assist with correspondence and arrangements for the Annual Meeting, Board Retreat, board orientation and the Staff Retreat.
3. Work closely with the Director of Administration to ensure Enterprise database is up-to-date and tagged with accurate data relative to governance volunteers, including the Board, Executive Committee, Board Development Committee, Audit Committee, Operational Excellence Committee and EHS Policy Council.
B. Operational Support:
1. Serve as a primary point-of-contact for the general public in ascertaining their needs in a relationship-oriented culture.
2. Pick up and open mail daily, date stamp, and provide for distribution to campus occupants, retain checks for deposit, and routing of publications
3. Prepare and make deposits according to established protocols and assist in processing summary envelopes from workplace campaigns.
4. Assist with Accounts Payable processing and clerical tasks as directed.
5. Maintain the CEO’s calendar and assist with scheduling of appointments.
Tier 2 Personnel
A high school diploma with post-secondary course work in business and/or commensurate experience as an executive secretary or office manager.
Experience and Skills:
At least three (3) years experience as an executive secretary, administrative assistant or manager. Accounts payable and accounting experience is preferred. Able to type 60 words per minute; skilled in Microsoft Office and familiar with office equipment.
Organized and efficient
Manages own performance
Embraces diversity and inclusiveness
Critical thinker and problem solver
Requirements before Hire:
1. Proof and maintenance of a valid driver’s license
2. Proof and maintenance of vehicle insurance and reliable transportation
3. Must pass a criminal background check
4. Must pass employee physical