For over 75 years, United Way of Greater Baytown Area & Chambers County has served the community, which covers Baytown, Highlands, and Chambers County. With a focus on education, health, financial stability, and basic needs, United Way collaborates and partners with local human service organizations that provide programs tackling community-wide issues. For more information, visit https://www.unitedwaygbacc.org/
The part-time position has a wide range of administrative duties of a moderately responsible and complex nature in support of the organization and CEO. The coordinator processes and maintains financial and accounting records related to accounts payable, accounts receivable and purchasing with accuracy. The coordinator assists with month-end and year-end procedures, as well as managing maintenance and repairs of the building. The coordinator is an active team member who contributes to the successes of each department and the organization’s ability to meet its mission.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enter accounts payable invoices and process weekly payments.
- Maintain accounts payable invoice records.
- Reconcile credit card statements, track and code each purchase, and coordinate timely payment.
- Work with all departments to make purchases and reconcile expenses.
- Assist with month-end and year-end closing duties.
- Receipt all donations received online, via phone or from staff, keeping accurate reports of received funds.
- Prepare accurate bank deposits.
- Assist team with campaign envelope processing and auditing.
- Communicate with all stakeholders, both verbally and in writing, regarding pledges and payments. Prepare and mail monthly pledge reminders and donation acknowledgements.
- Assist all incoming callers, and respond to emails received through the website contact us portal, providing exceptional and compassionate customer service.
- Review submitted invoices, bills and expense reports to ensure they are accurate.
- Prepare, process and track annual designation packets to include certifications and others requirements.
- Retrieve donor reports from various databases for import to accounting.
- Verify expenses to all vendors, code to proper accounts and prepare checks for signature.
- Manage office inventory, key distribution, and assign security codes as needed.
- Coordinate with accountant and database manager to ensure accurate tracking and timely delivery and receipt of detailed reports, monthly invoices, donations and reconciliation.
- Develop, implement, and adhere to processes that improve workflow and creates a consistently safe environment for staff, volunteers and visitors.
- Resolve day-to-day operational matters. Keeps up to date with general office equipment functionality.
- Provide administrative support as needed, to CEO.
- Maintain and track key organizational & financial documents according to the document and destruction policy. Organizes & files with accuracy.
- Manage the phone system to ensure the main phone’s message is current and staff phone’s voice mail is set up and used properly.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
- Ensure segregation of duties to minimize errors and fraud.
- Accept incoming packages and/or deliveries and manages contents by storing as appropriate with like inventory or delivering to appropriate recipients.
- Coordinate and arrange meetings, preparing documents, reserving and preparing meeting space, ordering food/beverages, and generally assisting with coordination and execution of meetings, as needed.
- Support the campaign team with administrative duties related to donation reporting and donor stewardship. This may include processing thank you letters, annual tax letters, billing for pledges as requested by donors, and providing information related to gift investments and impact to donors as required.
- Assist the team with organizing documents, maintaining records, and coordinating meeting detail.
- Manage daily facility operations, maintenance, and security, and all vendors to ensure a safe, clean and well-functioning facility, at all times.
- Coordinate the purchase of supplies, manages inventories and tracks all expenses.
- Coordinate and schedule maintenance and cleaning activities to ensure facility is clean, safe, and sanitary. Coordinate assigned activities with outside contractors and vendors, as needed.
- Communicate with all tenants and staff regarding activity that may impact building and parking during normal work hours.
- Ensure adherence to the office security policies and procedures. Individual is the main contact for facility’s security system; responds to facility-related emergencies, as assigned; when unavailable, ensures staff coverage during absence.
- All team members will actively support disaster response and recovery with specific tasks and assignments, as needed.
- Perform all duties in accordance with UWGBACC polices and procedures.
- All team members will:
- demonstrate respect and appreciation for diversity;
- be an engaged member of the team and support the team’s overall success;
- handle highly sensitive and confidential financial, legal, personnel and institutional information while exercising professionalism and discretion;
- assess and take responsibility for own performance, seeking and responding to feedback;
- maintain loyalty to UWGBACC organizational policies and procedures;
- present an enthusiastic and pleasant demeanor to internal/external customers; and
- perform other related duties as assigned.
- Other duties as needed.
Area of Responsibility
% of time per pay period
Hours per pay period (based on 24 hrs)
Admin & Facility
General & Office Duties
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associate degree, preferred.
- One to three years’ office experience, preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required; must have strong technical and analytical skills, and ability to plan and manage multiple tasks.
- Work requires the ability to properly read and write well enough to type, edit, and proof general business correspondence and prepare reports.
- Position requires solid organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of business office procedures, and familiar with basic accounting concepts.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and writing.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining working relationships with the team, volunteers, vendors and visitors.
- Highly motivated with great organizational skills.
- Demonstrates appropriate customer service attitudes and services in a variety of work settings.
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, Internet and presentation software.
- Demonstrates a results orientation for delivering appropriate products and services in an accurate, complete and timely fashion.
- Must be skilled in written and verbal communications, requiring the ability to read and write effectively and efficiently.
- Extremely detail oriented with the ability to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Able to follow directions and work independently or with a group.
- Knowledge of and experience with UW is desired.
- Must have valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and provide own transportation. Individuals are required to operate their vehicle observing legal and defensive driving practices.
- Energy and enthusiasm are a must.
- Values diversity and inclusion.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moves about inside the office to attend meetings, access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Frequently operates a computer and other office machinery to compile and retrieve information, to draft and write, and to handle general and confidential paperwork.
- Occasionally positions self to reach files, binders, etc. above the head and/or near the floor.
- Occasionally must lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Constantly uses vision abilities including: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently exchanges information in person and/or in writing via telephone and computer.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work in a typical office setting and is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually at average levels.
The information in this job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee and does not list all duties of the specific job. You will be assigned other duties. This is not a contract for employment. United Way of Greater Baytown Area & Chambers County is an at-will employer. This job description may be revised by your employer any time.