Vision and Mission:
At United Way of Northeast Florida, we envision a community of opportunity where everyone has hope and can reach their full potential. Our mission is to solve our community’s toughest challenges by connecting people, resources and ideas. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is not only valued and demonstrated in our hiring practices, it is a fundamental part of our mission throughout our organization and the communities we serve.
Provides administrative support at two (2) Full Service School (FSS) sites, and assist the FSS Coordinators and other personnel at the site. The nature of this position requires that the ideal candidate be a true self starter, possess strong customer service and relationship building skills, be organized and detailed oriented, communicate professionally across a broad range of individuals (verbally and in writing), and share a commitment to continuous learning. In addition, the administrative assistant will hold a true passion for the critical services FSS provides children and families, display exceptional team player qualities, be flexible in a changing fast pace environment, and demonstrate a work ethic determined to go above and beyond for the success of both FSS sites and the United Way as a whole.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Design and manage office administrative systems and procedures which ensure effectiveness of FSS sites
- Lead receptionist for centers, greeting clients and other guests with warm customer service
- Answer phones, direct incoming calls, and take messages at sites; sort and deliver mail
- Prepare correspondence, memos, reports, etc. for coordinators and others as requested; ensures all correspondence are proofread and edited
- Provide administrative support to coordinators for oversight committees: drafting meeting agendas, electronically storing meeting records, sharing meeting minutes
- Support the tracking of various grant expenditures
- Oversee processes for ordering and maintaining needed supplies for FSS sites
- Assist with monthly/quarterly reporting requirements and monitoring guidelines; enter accurate information into database (SAMIS, Foundant etc.) by established deadlines.
- Manage systems and information for FSS sites through Microsoft 365 applications (Excel, Outlook, Teams etc.); tasks examples include: Maintain up to date records, calendars
- Actively partner with FSS Coordinators to generate ideas for services offered by sites and support efforts for external community engagement
- Complete all other responsibilities and tasks as determined by FSS Coordinators
- Collaborate with team members across the organization to advance the work of Community Impact and other United Way Departments
- Assist with internal United Way assignments, special projects, and events as needed
- High school diploma and three to five years of experience as a proven successful, multi-tasked administrative assistant in a busy environment
- Strong organizational and administrative abilities in order to manage multi-tasked responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess interpersonal skills required to build and maintain relationships in the work environment
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Windows Applications
- Ability to utilize computer software programs, to include but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Positive, growth mindset and ability to be coached
- High professional character
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as required
- Must have reliable transportation
Professional Core Competencies Required:
- Mission Focused: Creates real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship Oriented: Places people before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator (Includes teamwork and communication): Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial & human) through meaningful engagement. Strong supporter of a team environment.
- Results Driven: Dedicates efforts to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Understands role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
General Physical Requirements for Essential Functions of the Job:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and/or hear. Continual use of the hands with wrist and finger movement using a keyboard is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include long hours viewing a computer monitor screen. The employee may occasionally travel using personal vehicle and/or work outside normal office environment.
This description is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of all team members assigned to this position. It is intended only to describe the key elements relative to each section. Also, duties and/or requirements of this position may be modified, added or deleted at any time. This supersedes all descriptions previously written for the same position. Unique equivalent skills and experience may possibly substitute for required position requirements.
United Way of Northeast Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Environment.