For over 75 years, United Way of Greater Baytown Area & Chambers County has served the community, which covers Baytown, Highlands, and Chambers County. With a focus on education, health, financial stability, and basic needs, United Way collaborates and partners with local human service organizations that provide programs tackling community-wide issues. For more information, visit https://www.unitedwaygbacc.org/
Work Schedule: Full-time. Core Hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The Coordinator must be able to work a flexible schedule with the likelihood of some early morning, evening, and weekend work.
Position Summary: The coordinator performs a wide range of administrative duties of a moderately responsible and complex nature in support of the organization and CEO. The coordinator is an active team member who participates in community impact, fundraising, volunteer management and marketing. Under limited supervision, assists in the coordination of the office and building and related services including maintenance, housekeeping, security, HVAC, plumbing and grounds.
This role helps advance United Way’s fundraising goals and will support the annual fundraising effort, specifically with workplace employee campaigns. Individual must be results-oriented, high energy and inspiring.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
ADMINISTRATIVE & FACILITY (~50%)
• Develops, implements, and adheres to processes that improve workflow and creates a consistently safe environment for staff, volunteers and visitors.
• Resolves day-to-day operational matters. Keeps up to date with general office equipment functionality.
• Provides administrative support as needed, to CEO.
• Recruits and supervises volunteers that are assigned to admin work.
• Tracks UWGBACC admin volunteer hours and provides quarterly reports.
• Maintains and tracks key organizational & financial documents according to the document and destruction policy. Organizes & files with accuracy.
• Provides exceptional customer service: answers, screens, and directs incoming calls; greets all office visitors and directs to appropriate staff; handles routine questions and inquiries and directs questions of a complex nature to the appropriate resource.
• Manages the phone system to ensure the main phone’s message is current and staff phone’s voice mail is set up and used properly.
• Assists all callers, as needed, to include help with making a donation.
• Sorts and distributes mail.
• Coordinates accounts payable and weekly deposits.
o Manages invoices to ensure they are processed timely to avoid incorrect payments and late fees.
o Ensures bank deposits are accurate, made timely and are correctly processed.
• Ensures segregation of duties to minimize errors and fraud.
• Manages petty cash to ensure accurate document collection and reporting and adequate funds are on-hand.
• Accepts incoming packages and/or deliveries and manages contents by storing as appropriate with like inventory or delivering to appropriate recipients.
• Orders and manages office inventory including tracking key IT items.
• Coordinates and arranges meetings, preparing documents, reserving and preparing meeting space, ordering food/beverages, and generally assisting with coordination and execution of meetings, as needed.
• Collects and enters data into a variety of spreadsheets and databases.
• Manages key distribution log and tracks all keys.
• Collects and files human resource related documents for sub-contractors and vendors.
• Assists the CEO with tasks such as scheduling; reviewing, prioritizing and responding to emails; answering and returning phone calls; organizing documents; maintaining records; taking notes at meetings and any other administrative tasks.
• Manages facility’s daily operations, and maintenance, security, and all vendors to ensure a safe, clean and well-functioning facility, at all times. Serves as staff support to the ad hoc building committee.
• Coordinates the purchase of supplies, manages inventories and tracks all expenses.
• Coordinates and schedules maintenance and cleaning activities to ensure facility is clean, safe, and sanitary. Coordinates assigned activities with outside contractors and vendors, as needed.
• Communicates with all tenants and staff regarding activity that may impact building and parking during normal work hours.
• Coordinates building maintenance, repairs and projects, as directed by the CEO.
• Ensures adherence to the office security policies and procedures. Makes recommendations for changes to ensure a safe environment for employees, tenants and visitors.
• Identifies and coordinates all vendors and contractors.
• Individual is the main contact for facility’s security system; responds to facility-related emergencies, as assigned; when unavailable ensures staff coverage.
• Other duties as needed to ensure administrative and building support are effective.
CAMPAIGN & RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support the CEO and campaign manager with administrative duties and fundraising efforts, as assigned.
• Manage department’s inventory and assists with coordinating and delivering campaign materials.
• The coordinator will support efforts related to planning, coordination, and implementation of workplace campaigns. This may include participating in campaign planning meetings as well as supporting the campaign cabinet, making campaign presentations and supporting special events.
• Ensure the donor database is up-to-date and accurate and that all reports and acknowledgements are processed timely.
• Manage the processing of monthly thank you letters, annual tax letters, billing for pledges as requested by donors, and providing information related to gift investments and impact to donors as required.
• Coordinate CEO meeting schedule with donors and other stakeholders. Provide support for meetings by ensuring donor reports and related documents are available for meetings.
• Team will actively assist with the securing of sponsors to support programs, initiatives, general operations and events.
• Other duties as needed to support a successful fundraising effort.
COMMUNITY ACTION AND PUBLIC AWARENESS RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES
• All UWGBACC employees will:
o Serve as United Way representatives and ambassadors, conveying the needs of the community to encourage individual contributions, advocacy, community and volunteer involvement, and will support campaign efforts to successful meet the annual fundraising goal.
o Utilize storytelling to outline the positive impact United Way has on the community, make compelling presentations to support the UWGBACC mission.
o Represent UWGBACC as needed at community events and meetings, workplace campaign events and meetings, special events, and to individuals and other opportunities with the intent of asking for contributions - always presenting a professional image.
o Provide volunteer training to better represent UWGBACC. Arrange for speakers and materials to support UWGBACC’s messaging during campaigns.
o Support the organization’s efforts to provide up to date and engaging social media posts and website pages and to create inspiring marketing materials.
o Support the volunteer program to ensure that all volunteers understand UWGBACC’s mission and purpose; processes, expectations and are provided relevant information to safely serve.
• Other duties as needed to ensure communication tools are consistent and successfully enhance the organization’s reputation.
• All team members will actively support disaster response and recovery with specific tasks and assignments, as needed.
• All team members will:
• demonstrate respect and appreciation for diversity;
• be an engaged member of the team and support the team’s overall success;
• handle highly sensitive and confidential financial, legal, personnel and institutional information while exercising professionalism and discretion;
• assess and take responsibility for own performance, seeking and responding to feedback;
• maintain loyalty to UWGBACC organizational policies and procedures;
• present an enthusiastic and pleasant demeanor to internal/external customers; and
• perform other related duties as assigned.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.