The Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate accounting of all invoicing and payments processed and dispersed through the automated accounts payable system.
Reports to: Director of Accounting - Finance & Operations
United Way of New York City (UWNYC) is a nonprofit mobilizing people and organizations to eradicate barriers and create opportunities that improve the lives of low-income New Yorkers. Part of the United Way Worldwide system, one of the world's most recognized charitable brands, we envision caring communities in which all individuals and families have access to quality education and the opportunity to lead healthy and financially secure lives. We strive to model our values in all our relationships, both internal and external: Collaboration, Compassion, Integrity, Accountability, and Superior Performance.
· Assists with the processing of disbursements through automated accounts payable systems for vendor invoicing and all grant payments
· Reviews grant payment requests and invoices for proper approvals, supporting documentation, and appropriate general ledger code.
· Verifies vendor information entered correctly into accounting system
· Assists with the preparation of monthly account analyses
· Reconciles credit card expenses and prepares journal entry
· Assists with the preparation of the annual 1099 forms
· Prepares the monthly employee benefits schedule for payment
· Reviews expenses quarterly and make any necessary corrections to general ledger
· Provides general administrative support as requested
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
· At least an Associate degree in Accounting and 2 years related experience
· Strong organizational and documentation and communication skills
· Ability to research and analyze data
· Facility with Excel and Adobe software
· Strong customer service orientation and good communication skills
· Ability to multi-task and assist other members of the team when needed
• Fully vaccinated for Covid-19
• Background check
How to apply: Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com with the title “Accounts Payable Coordinator" in the subject line. No phone calls or faxes accepted.
United Way of New York City is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer