Join Our Team! Career Opportunity
We are searching for an Accounts Payable and Payroll Coordinator who will be responsible for the gathering of financial information of United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut, to analyze, prepare, and ensure data/process integrity accurately and efficiently. This is a 30 hours per week position with shared responsibility for accounts payable and payroll responsibilities.
What you will do:
- Responsible for biweekly payroll of < 50 employees for hourly and salaried employees
- Entering of new hires, employee changes voluntary deductions in the payroll system
- Processing of final payroll checks such as terminations and discrepancies
- Prepare and process garnishments, benefit elections, and paid time off adjustments.
- Calculate new hire pay, termination pay, and any required merit increase or adjustment to normal pay
- Ensure computing, withholding, and deductions are done correctly
- Ensures the accuracy of W-2 through an annual audit
- Update payroll communications and time and attendance to staff
- Process biweekly payroll general ledger reconciliation
- Process monthly health and welfare general ledger reconciliation
- Calculate and upload retirement contributions to vendors online platform
- Trains and supports staff on time and attendance inquires
- Process and request standard and ad hoc reports to support accounting operations
- Assures timely and accurate processing of accounts payable data
- Processes weekly Philanthropy Fund payments (as directed by Resource Development department)
- Processes (for distribution) all donor designations from various campaigns including (but not limited to) the annual United Way Community Campaign, and for the annual State Employee Campaign per our organizational policy and per special agreements
- Tracks vendor information for annual 1099 production. Responsible for year-end processes including confirming 1099s
- Maintains quality and consistency of vendor information within accounting software
- Assures timely and accurate processing of State of Connecticut unclaimed cash procedure annually
- Responds to audit mailings for partners agencies and various other 501c3 organizations
- Coordinates and resolves outstanding checks on a quarterly basis
- Update WFS bank account ledger
- Prepare Invoices for sponsorships and other revenue
- Assures the accuracy of payable data
- Coordinates incoming mail for Finance ensuring priorities are addressed on a timely basis
- Create President and Chief Executive Officer quarterly expense report
- Distribution of United Way employee matching funds as needed
- Performs other duties as required.
- Associate degree in accounting, finance, business preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years related business experience with payroll, accounts payable and processing required.
- Knowledge of ADP payroll system and wage and hour laws preferred.
- Ability to calculate and analyze figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and percentages required
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, and able to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- High degree of ethics and ability to maintain confidentiality required. Strict confidentiality necessary.
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate effectively and articulately in writing and orally.Solid relationship management skills enhancing internal organizational relations and external community interactions.
- Ability to relate well with people from diverse groups.
Hybrid schedule available
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.