United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania, serving Allegheny, Butler, Westmoreland, Fayette, and Southern Armstrong counties, leads and mobilizes the caring power of individuals, the business community and organizations to help local people in need measurably improve their lives, creating long-lasting change for the betterment of our community.
We are seeking a driven and talented Accounting Supervisor who wants to play a role in fulfilling our mission. The Accounting Supervisor will provide leadership and have primary responsibility for managing and directing the work of the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable specialists and is accountable for the contributor choice payouts and month end close accounting entries.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Accounting Supervisor will ensure timely and accurate monthly closing of the general ledger. Will be responsible for assisting management with developing and implementing process improvements with a focus on maintaining an effective system of internal controls. Also responsible for establishing work goals and objectives of assigned team members.
- Supervise the Accounts Receivables Specialist and Accounts Payable Specialist
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries
- Reconcile various general ledger accounts
- Review all accounts payable transactions and ensure vendors are paid timely
- Assist with the annual audit and budgeting process
AP & AR Management:
- Responsible for overseeing the accounts payable function, including preparing and reviewing invoices; billing invoices; processing credit card transactions; and processing the daily bank statement
- Responsible for overseeing, processing and reconciling receipts along with a variety of other finance department duties that support accounts receivable, customer service, and financial reporting
- Responsible for overseeing the timely payments to partner and non-partner agencies
- Provide the appropriate training to accounting staff to ensure the accounting functions are operating accurately and efficiently
- Support in the implementation, review and update of written financial policies and procedures with emphasis on the balance between effective internal controls and performance efficiency
- Continually improve written instructions for accounting processes (AP input, payouts, AR processing, adjustments, etc.)
- Responsible for periodic review of all Finance policies and procedures to ensure best practices are applied in all areas of the Finance team function
- Responsible for establishing annual work goals and objectives of assigned team members
- Mentor Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable Specialists to cultivate career growth within the department and the organization
- Assist with providing support to the UWSWPA organization via participation on inter-department committees as needed
Other duties and/or special projects as needed.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Suite with emphasis on Excel
- Beneficial to have direct financial reporting experience with MIP or similar G/L reporting tools
- Andar and/or Salesforce experience a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the organization
- Prior supervisory experience
- Able to calmly handle multiple tasks and stay organized
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, at least two to four years of mid-level experience in a similar role, with at least 2 years in non-profit accounting. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. CPA is a plus.
UWSWPA offers a generous benefits package including 31 paid days off per year, significant retirement contributions, and no cost health, dental and vision coverage for individuals.