United Way of Salt Lake (UWSL) is changing the way organizations, communities, schools, governments, and individuals work to fix complex social problems. Together, we can help every child and family succeed at school and life. UWSL’s workplace is fast-paced, friendly, adaptive, and grounded in our core values: relationships, continuous improvement, equity, and results. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefit package, generous paid time off, and flexible schedules. People with diverse backgrounds and abilities are encouraged to apply. Join us in changing the world and giving everyone in our community the opportunity to live their best life.
The Accounting Specialist (AS) works under the direction of the Controller. The AS focuses on performing the essential functions, including but not limited to, payroll processing, invoicing, accounts receivable and preparing month end revenue and accounts receivable entries and supporting documents. UWSL is a hybrid work environment that requires time in the Salt Lake office as well as remotely.
- Process payroll
- Invoicing of grants and receivables
- Payment processing
- Manage accounts receivable
- Prepare month-end revenue and accounts receivable reporting
- Assist Controller with month-end close processes
- Assist with annual audit
- Serve as relationship liaison with Resource Development department
- Other duties, special initiatives, and projects as assigned
The position is full-time, non-exempt, eligible for UWSL’s complete benefit package. $42,000 – 55,000. Wages commensurate with experience.
- Communicates verbally and in writing; able to discuss complex data topics in ways that are appropriate to the audience
- Understands facets of job, aware of duties and responsibilities, keeps job knowledge current
- Maintains technical skills to do the assigned job with accuracy
- Demonstrates highest level of ethical standards, integrity, professionalism, and judgement
- Ability to maintain discretion with confidential information
- Very well organized, self-motivated, and detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Works well in a team environment with exceptional flexibility, willingness to assist, and interpersonal skills
- 3-5 years of experience in a comparable role
- Associates degree in Accounting or Business
- Knowledge of GAAP and internal controls required within accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and video conferencing technologies
- Experience with Andar, NetSuite, and Salesforce are a plus
- Nonprofit experience preferred, but not required
The team member is regularly required to communicate clearly, and exchange accurate information interpersonally or through communication devices. Must be able to learn new systems and procedures, prepare and analyze data and figures, constantly operate a computer and other standard office machinery. The position requires occasional movement throughout the office to access files, papers, or move supplies weighing up to 25lbs. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.