REVISED DATE: September 2021
POSITION TITLE: Accounting Specialist
ORGANIZATION: United Way of Marion County
REPORTS TO: President/ CEO
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- To oversee and coordinate the financial operations of the United Way organization.
- To provide staff support (along with the President) to the Treasurer and the Finance Committee.
- To maintain accountability to our donors and volunteers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage Quickbooks financial software.
- Enter invoices into Quickbooks.
- Generate checks in Quickbooks to pay invoices.
- Receive and process incoming donations.
- Track and record online donations.
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Assist with preparation of the annual operating budget.
- Perform grant tracking, budgeting and reporting duties.
- Pulling reports and information for the annual audit.
- Other financial duties as assigned.
- Assist with maintaining the organization’s pledge processing and donor database (Andar).
- Enter pledge information into the donor database, including the creation of new accounts and designation information.
- Apply payments to pledge data in the donor database.
- Assist resource development staff with the creation of pledge payment reminders, gift acknowledgement letters.
- Process quarterly designations to partners including payments, reports and correspondence.
Other Financial duties
- Process payroll for staff including salary adjustments and onboarding new employees.
- Log and prepare outgoing mail.
- Coordination of vendors – custodial, lawn service, repairs, etc.
- Serve as the Information Technology liaison.
- AA degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred or related experience.
- Prior accounting/ bookkeeping experience
Knowledge & Skills:
- Telephone & greeting skills, interpersonal communication, basic bookkeeping, working in a volunteer environment, knowledge of Microsoft Office software, multi-tasking, organizational skills.