We Love What Makes You Unique
Your perspective fuels our mission-driven work at United Way of Greater New Haven. We are committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience.
Who We Are Looking For?
Are you someone who wants to use your accounting experience to improve lives in your community? Do you enjoy interacting with colleagues from all departments and being an integral part of making an organization work? Do you find joy in working with numbers, and find satisfaction in accuracy? This might be the position for you!
The Accounting Specialist is a key position within our Finance Team and is responsible for payables, receivables, data entry, and other accounting functions. The successful candidate is detailed oriented and thrives when multi-tasking in a fast-paced office environment. This is a full-time position (40 hrs/week) reporting to the Accounting Manager.
- Performs daily A/P and A/R functions.
- Enters data into our accounting databases.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Some accounting education, associates preferred
- 3 years of accounting/bookkeeping experience, A/P preferred
- Capable of quickly learning our systems
- A team player who collaborates across the organization.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of UWGNH.
- Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com with the following subject line: Application for Accounting Specialist.
- Position open until filled.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.