Title: Accounting Specialist
Organization Overview: United Way of Anchorage mobilizes the community to make lasting, measurable changes in community conditions that improve lives. We have adopted a unique approach to community problem-solving called collective impact which allows us to directly engage with communities. Our workplace is fast-paced, collaborative, and adaptive.
Position Overview: We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented Accounting Specialist to analyze information, maintain complete and accurate records, assist with routine accounting duties, and provide prompt, courteous responses to inquiries. Provide efficient, reliable support to finance department and accounting department members, other departments, and external parties.
Essential Functions/Roles & Responsibilities of the Position:
- Record all deposits and prepare deposit journal entries
- Process all payments to accounts receivable
- Research payments to assure properly applied to correct accounts receivable accounts
- Process high volumes of accounts receivable transactions
- Process all credit card payments
- Prepare donor acknowledgment letters for UWA and public campaigns
- Prepare tax receipts for UWA and public campaign donors
- Reconcile accounts receivable accounts
- Assist with various finance projects
- Record and process various grant and COVID receivables
- Other duties as assigned
- Detail oriented
- Self starter
- Problem solver
Education, Skills & Qualifications:
- Associate degree with course work in accounting preferred
- 3-5 years accounts receivable experience
- Understanding how to prepare journal entries is preferred
- Experience reconciling general ledger accounts
- Background working with non-profit accounting preferred
- 10-key by touch
- Proficiency in accounts receivable
- Understanding of basic accounting (balancing, matching, leaving a good audit trail)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
Hours of Work: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., M-F
Salary: $47,000 - $53,000
To Apply: Please send your resume to Kayla Green, Director of People & Culture: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position open until filled.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.