When uploading your job description, be sure to include the following areas:
The mission of United Way of the Wine Country is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community through leadership, community engagement and effective investment.
United Way of the Wine Country (UWWC) works to advance the common good in Northwestern California in Sonoma, Mendocino, Lake, Humboldt and Del Norte Counties. We mobilize the caring power of our communities to address underlying problems, improve lives and build a healthy vibrant community by focusing on issues surrounding education, income and health.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Accounting Specialist is a self-motivated team player, who will be responsible for processing Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, cash reconciliation, and other accounting functions as needed.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The following duties are representative of the responsibilities of this position. These assignments may change as the needs and priorities of the organization evolve.
- Receive incoming payments and apply donor pledges and payments in Fundraising Database (Andar 360)
- Reconcile cash logs with bank deposits and entries to in Andar 360 Database
- Weekly processing of Accounts Payable in MIP/Sage; ensure accurate and timely processing of vendor invoices for payment; confirm invoices have proper approval; audit invoices to ensure proper coding; and maintain vendor accounts.
- Work with program staff to process program-specific contractor and grant payments.
- Assist with preparation for annual audits
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Passionate about UWWC’s mission
- 2-3 years’ experience performing accounting functions – college-level accounting courses a plus
- Experience with computerized accounting software, specifically accounts payable functions. Must be proficient in MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook. MIP or other GL software experience and Andar 360 or donor database software experience desirable.
- Ability to operate general office equipment, including copiers, printers, fax machines and scanners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving and follow-through skills
- Capable of handling multiple projects with competing priorities
- Ability to meet deadlines while anticipating quickly changing needs
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Work both independently and as a collaborative organizational team member
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, a professional demeanor, and to represent the organization in a positive manner at all times
- Must have ability to perform work that requires sitting, walking, stooping, bending and lifting up to 25 pounds
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a letter of interest and current resume to UWWC.HR@unitedwaywinecountry.org. No phone calls please.