The United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC) has an immediate opening for an Accounting Manager to manage UWGC pledge and payment processing to ensure that policies, procedures, GAAP and regulations are followed with respect to pledges receivable, revenue recognition and collections. Provide accounting and reporting for UWGC Foundation.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Donor Services Management
- Oversee and review campaign processing including processing campaign envelopes, pledges, designations, and payouts.
- Oversee and review accounts receivable processing including all payment methods; including but not limited to ACH, wholesale lockbox, retail lockbox, checks, credit cards, donor advised funds (DAF), IRA/RMD, third party processors, and other local United Ways.
- Manage auditing of campaign and special event reports payments.
- Proactively coordinate with other teams to allow for planning and good communication on campaign activities while fostering effective working relationships with Philanthropy team, Shared CRM (SCRM), donors and other personnel throughout the organization.
- Develop and maintain updated policies and procedures.
Accounting and Reporting
- Reconcile accounts receivable system and general ledger. Prepare schedules for submission to the Board of Directors and the finance committee of the board.
- Review all account reconciliations related to campaign processing.
- Perform research and review of accounts receivable and campaign processing discrepancies.
- Prepare UWGC audit work papers and confirmation letters for external auditors. Respond to auditor inquires and provide supporting documentation.
Collections and Monitoring Accounts
- Develop, maintain and ensure compliance with UWGC pledge management and collection policy and procedures.
- Perform collection efforts including research, communication and reporting.
Customer Relationship Management System
- Coordinate the selection and implementation of new procedures and SCRM features to enhance the workflow of the department and ensure the integrity of data.
- Assist in development and implementation of system reports and procedures. Recommend system and procedural changes.
- Manage the processing of electronic campaign pledges and payments.
- Prepare all Foundation receipts, reconciliations and financial statements on a timely basis.
- Assist with special projects as requested.
- Manage a team of four direct reports, and 1-2 seasonal employees.
- Establish goals and expectations for all team members.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum five years’ experience in general accounting.
- Minimum two years management experience.
- Concentration in accounts receivable and experience in collections preferred.
- Experience with MS-CRM preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Competencies: Accountability, Integrity-Organizational Commitment, Communications Skills, People Management, Technologically Proficient, and Time/Project Management
Applicants should apply by Friday, Apil 2, 2021 via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion