Safeguarding our team members is an important part of how we ensure our continued work in the communities we serve. As a condition of employment, UWCI requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, barring an approved exemption. All UWCI team members will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 19, 2021, barring an approved exception.
We partner to design, support and grow systems that accelerate financial stability and upward mobility for individuals and families living in or near poverty and striving for a brighter future. Our vision is that Central Indiana will be a community where children, individuals and families thrive; neighbors care for each other; and we are proud of all our residents' quality of life.
We pursue this vision in all we do as we ask our community to give, advocate and volunteer. We believe that vision can only be achieved if pursued with shared values, and therefore place great emphasis on building a team that will pursue this vision together with ICARE. This is an exciting time to be part of United Way of Central Indiana's team as we embark on a new strategic framework that fosters innovation, builds community partnerships, and integrates across traditional functional areas.
United Way of Central Indiana recognizes the key to success is a strong and cohesive team that works through shared values to achieve our mission. The Accountant is a member of our Finance team responsible for timely and accurately processing of accounts payable; managing Appzen/Concur, the employee travel and expense reimbursement systems; managing, verifying and reconciling company credit cards; maintaining and requesting W9, EFT, DEI forms for vendors; and generating year-end 1099s. This position will also be responsible for general accounting duties including general ledger entries, general ledger reconciliations, general ledger reporting, and other duties as assigned.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Accounts Payable functions including, managing submissions and approvals (Intacct, Concur, Appzen), ensure adherence to UWCI/CHIP policies and appropriate GL coding, perform file uploads (Concur, Donor Choice, etc), process payments, reporting on an as needed basis.
- Banking, including uploading electronic payments, managing positive pay (maintenance, monitoring, updating status).
- Travel and Expense Management: User and GL account setup and maintenance, train and support users on Concur and Business Expense Policy, audit employee expense report submissions against UWCI policy, maintain Concur business policy setup, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues, reporting on an as needed basis.
- Corporate Credit Card Management: Reconcile, pay, and record GL transactions.
- Prepare monthly and ad-hoc GL entries and identify and manage prepaid expenses.
- Prepare financial grant reports
- Perform financial account reconciliations
- Prepare and issue year end IRS 1096/1099 Forms for UWCI and CHIP according to IRS regulations.
- Vendor Maintenance: setup, monitor, maintain.
- DEI: Vendor DEI maintenance, reporting.
- Identify, propose, document, and implement process improvement in the payment process, including communications with vendors and team members.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as requested.
- Perform general accounting duties as assigned.
- Manage financial and project deadlines.
- Respond to constituents on an accurate and timely basis.
- Communicate and collaborate in a courteous and professional manner with internal and external constituents.
- Perform special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, flexibility, adaptability and the ability to multi-task and be open-minded in a fast-paced environment. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and reviews literature to understand key issues.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma required. Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred or at least four years of relevant experience in accounts payable. Must be computer proficient and detail oriented. Effective time management is essential along with the ability to multi-task. Must be able to successfully meet various processing deadlines. Organizational and interpersonal skills are critical to this position.
*Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
- Job Knowledge
- Thriving in Change
Position Leader: Finance Senior Director
Position Leads: N/A
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full time
Salary Range: Market
Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at uwci.org/team
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or a guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. UWCI employees are employed on an at-will basis. In addition, nothing in this position description restricts UWCI's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.