Position Summary: The Accountant position supports the Director of Finance in completing the accounting and administrative duties of the organization to ensure that financial duties are segregated to the greatest extent possible. This position assists with the transparency and accountability of the organization.
Reports to: Director of Finance
Position Classification: PT, hourly, non-exempt
• Responsible for preparation of accounts payable
• Enters accounts receivable into company database
• Prepares bank reconciliations
• Responsible for vendor information in the accounts payable system
• Prepares various financial reports
• Prepares journal entries for cost allocation
• Maintains contracts/software records
• Prepares grant reports
• Prepares IRS tax letters
• Updates computers on regular basis
• Responsible for fixed asset inventory
Other duties as assigned
• Accounting or related bachelor degree with accounting/finance experience.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Good judgment and problem-solving skills
• Strong computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office 2010 and database management
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Be a stellar representative of UWSM