Vision and Mission:
At United Way of Northeast Florida, we envision a community of opportunity where everyone has hope and can reach their full potential. Our mission is to solve our community’s toughest challenges by connecting people, resources and ideas.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is not only valued and demonstrated in our hiring practices, it is a fundamental part of our mission throughout our organization and the communities we serve.
Purpose of Position:
This position provides expertise and support insuring accounting entries are completed accurately and timely. It provides organizational leadership regarding grant accounting. It also insures quality work and customer service by valuing internal and external customers and cooperating productively with other employees, seeking ways to improve the quality and timeliness of work.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Support program leadership to coordinate expenditures from the appropriate source, and to provide documentation for grant applications, invoicing and audits
- Support the monthly close insuring data is accurately recorded so financials can be drafted for review, and budget managers’ reports distributed by the 10th calendar day of each month
- Prepare and submit timely, periodic reports meeting requirements of appropriate authorities such as draw-down/reimbursements, expenditure documentation and billing
- Communicate with grant managers and grant funding sources, both verbal and written communication, regarding expenditures and reporting requirements
- Support operating budget development including but not limited to evaluations and recommendation of fiscal year grant funding
- Follow established internal controls and participate in on-going improvement process
- Support the Controller in the development, updating and implementation of policies and procedures that maintain internal controls
- Collaborate on the evaluation and implementation of new data elements to provide key insights into which data fields best support effective storage and extraction for analysis
- Assist with the preparation of annual audits and required Federal/State/Local tax reports and filings
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience preferred
- Five year plus accounting experience demonstrating a clear understanding of all areas of bookkeeping and general ledger entries
- Ability to effectively work in virtual and office environments with minimal supervision and recommendations to prioritize work and outline steps necessary to complete a project
- Proficient knowledge of accounting, Microsoft Word and Excel for Windows
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills
- Ability to think strategically in the development of process improvements and policy enhancements
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize work and outline the steps necessary to complete a project and work in a team environment
- Flexibility to handle several on-going projects
- Ability to work well under pressure and to set and met deadlines
- Strong proficiency in accounting software applications and experience with Accounting ERP Software and StratusLIVE CRM
- Non-profit background and knowledge of United Way policies and processes for campaign and financial reporting extremely helpful
- Experience with Non-profit audits and requirements a plus
Professional Core Competencies Required:
- Mission Focused: Creates real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship Oriented: Places people before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator (Includes teamwork and communication): Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial & human) through meaningful engagement. Strong supporter of a team environment.
- Results Driven: Dedicates efforts to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Understands role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
General Physical Requirements for Essential Functions of the Job:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and/or hear. Continual use of the hands with wrist and finger movement using a keyboard is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include long hours viewing a computer monitor screen. The employee may occasionally travel using personal vehicle and/or work outside normal office environment.
UWNEFL reserves the right to adjust work location. This position is currently remote due to COVID-19. Business needs will determine future work location.
This description is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of all team members assigned to this position. It is intended only to describe the key elements relative to each section. Also, duties and/or requirements of this position may be modified, added or deleted at any time. This supersedes all descriptions previously written for the same position. Unique equivalent skills and experience may possibly substitute for required position requirements.
United Way of Northeast Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work