Direct and monitor the accounting functions for the organization. Ensure accuracy of financial records and internal controls. Prepare financial reports for the Finance, Advisory Committees and Board. Assist in the deployment of employee benefits, organization insurance, and required United Way Worldwide reporting.
- Collect, document, classify and record financial data for United Way of Hancock County and United Way of Hancock County Foundation.
- Supervise the donor services function including campaign accounts receivable, billings, collections, pledge and designation processing, designation payouts, donor correspondence and preparation of related internal and external reporting.
- Manage the accounts payable requests and pay designations.
- Assess and recommend procedures that create excellence in internal controls.
- Work with Finance Committee to identify and solve organizational issues.
- Manage workflow to ensure accuracy.
- Supervise the annual financial statement audit and IRS Form 990s
- Ensure audit compliance & internal controls, delivering a clean audit.
- Develop and oversee processes and systems of accounting for non-traditional funding sources, fiscal agent relationships, etc. including compliance and reporting.
- Perform corporate projects, such as, but not limited to:
- Requests for proposal for vendor services
- Accounting and tax research
- Compliance with government and United Way regulations, UWHC policies/procedures
- Respond to vendor and team requests/inquiries; provide supporting documentation
- Participate in continuous professional growth, organization team events and meetings.
- Produce accurate monthly financial statements.
- Monitor account balances, bank interest rates and fees.
- Reconcile all bank statements and financial reports.
- Accounts Payable: Prepare checks, office account vouchers, ACH Transfers.
- Accounts Receivable: Prepare invoices, statements and follow-up.
- Monitor agency allocation fund and designations, and process other United Way designations.
- Maintain information on all United Way of Hancock County and UWHC Foundation funds.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget.
- Support organizations for which the United Way of Hancock County serves as fiscal agent.
FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN DUTIES
- Assist as needed with logging and processing pledges.
- Process credit card, bank deduct, stock and direct bill pledges.
- Monitor verbal pledges and pledges receivable, clean-up following campaign.
- Provide donors with tax letters.
- Reconcile campaign numbers with general ledger.
- Ensure appropriate organizational insurance coverage.
- Administration of employee benefits.
- Timely and accurate compliance with United Way Worldwide and Ohio United Way reporting requirements.
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- BA or equivalent experience in Accounting or Finance
- Experience in accounting with a working knowledge of accounting principles and standards.
- Detail oriented with problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to interpret financial transactions for production of accurate financial statements.
- Ability to recognize and institute proper accounting controls.
- Ability to properly interpret financial transactions to produce accurate financial statements,
- Comfort and proficiency with presentation skills, both one-on-one and publicly.
- Proficient in the latest Microsoft Office Environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Quickbooks.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission, vision, and goals of United Way.
- Ability to work well with others; attitude/desire to work as a team member.
- Staff members who drive a vehicle on UWHC business must provide proof of a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
Accountability, Integrity-Organizational Commitment, People Management, Technologically Proficient, Time/Project Management, Measurable Impact/Results-Driven
Duties require planning, organizing, and performing a variety of duties applying a wide range of procedures and rules. Duties require attention to detail, high degree of accuracy, reliability, timeliness, alertness, and use of judgment. Also requires writing ability, creativity, and concentration. Access to and use of confidential data where discretion/sensitivity is of utmost importance. Mature judgment and confidence.