Do you want to leave work every day knowing that you made an impact? At United Way of South Hampton Roads, you’ll work in a fun and supportive environment where every day is a new opportunity to make a difference. If you talk to our employees, the single trait we all have in common is passion. We love what we do, and we do it with conviction and purpose because we know how much our community needs us. You’ll learn from some of the best in the business and be constantly challenged in an ever-changing industry. Plus, we offer excellent benefits, opportunities for advancement and a great work-life balance. If you want to be great while doing good, join the United Way team.
We are currently hiring an account manager. This position is responsible for developing strong, meaningful relationships with corporations in order to expand UW esteem resulting in increased campaign dollars and corporate engagement. Relationship Manager is expected to spend 70 percent of their time in the field meeting and interfacing with key constituents and prospects in order to identify, follow-up and close opportunities within each account. Responsible for a portfolio of primarily small/mid-size accounts, municipal accounts and others as assigned. Must have essential skills and standard concepts, practices and procedures of consultative selling. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
The primary purpose of this position is to increase revenue from a portfolio of assigned companies, grow the number of donors, increase retention and increase corporate giving.
Objectives & Expectations:
This position is responsible for developing strong, meaningful relationships with corporations in order to expand UW esteem resulting in increased campaign dollars and corporate engagement. Relationship Manager is expected to spend 70% of their time in the field meeting and interfacing with key constituents and prospects in order to identify, follow-up and close opportunities within each account. Responsible for a portfolio of primarily small/mid-size accounts, municipal accounts and others as assigned. Must have essential skills and standard concepts, practices and procedures of consultative selling. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Responsible for an increase in revenue from a portfolio of assigned companies, responsible for growing number of donors, increasing retention and increasing corporate giving.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Track and monitor campaign results compared to projections
- Assist in the direction of the work of Campaign Managers, seasonally as needed. Approx. 4-8 people.
- Achievement of goals for accounts related to donor growth and retention
- Complete 4-5 in person calls a week
- Establish year round relationships with companies to facilitate partnership opportunities
- Recruit and manage volunteers to assist in solicitation and stewardship calls with CEO’s
- A high-level of clear communication is necessary and expected. Communicate with your supervisor on the progress of assigned accounts including weekly activity and opportunity reports
- Provides high level of research and analysis
- Attend Leadership events
- Responsible for developing marketing and recognition for assigned accounts
- Inputting into CRM accurate donor information, all external meetings, follow-up notes, important communications and all opportunities
- Provide primary staff lead for Young Philanthropist (YP)
- Increase annually the dollars raised from YP membership.
- Develop strategies, plan, manage, and attend YP council, committee meetings and events.
- Develop and maintain marketing and communication plans
- Develop and coordinate YP events to include sponsorship research, planning, and manage event logistics.
Key Skill Requirements:
- BA degree required
- 5+ years of customer or donor relationship building preferred
- Ability to work independently with a strong work ethic, high degree of self-motivation, initiative and work well under pressure
- Volunteer management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in cultivating, soliciting and securing gifts with an ability to manage donor accounts
- Proficient computer skills, CRM experience preferred
- Attention to detail and follow-thru with emphasis on customer satisfaction
- Increase donations
- Number of calls – targeting engagement, with expectation of increased account involvement
- Number of people who attend function(s)
- New volunteer recruitment
- Identifying companies willing to provide Campaign Managers
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.