United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-683-7860 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Account Manager, Global Corporate Partnerships (MGCP) is responsible for the relationship management of major corporations within the Development team at United Way Worldwide. The MGCP is responsible for ensuring that their portfolio of companies contribute significantly to the meeting or exceeding of their individual revenue goals as well as other team, department, and organizational goals. The MGCP acts as the main point of contact, and subject matter expert, for corporate partners providing support, guidance, and expertise to drive impact and raise resources for the United Way network. The MGCP works closely with local United Ways to plan, coordinate, execute, steward and problem solve campaign logistics and other activities with managed and supported partners. The MGCP drives strategy and develops plans for deeper and broader engagement and satisfaction from corporate partners. A successful MGCP will work at a high level, manage multiple priorities, execute flawlessly with attention-to-detail, clearly and concisely communicate, and effectively manage the complete donor relationship to ensure success.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Directly manages a portfolio of corporate partner accounts. Responsible for meeting annual, personal fundraising metrics and contributing significantly to team, department, and organizational quantitative and qualitative goals.
- Expands and diversifies revenue within portfolio of corporate accounts including philanthropic giving, cause marketing, and workplace giving, with a focus on core (operating, unrestricted) revenue.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and relationship manager for a portfolio of corporate partners. Leads partnership strategy, development, solicitation, execution, stewardship, communication, and issue resolution for assigned accounts. Exact portfolio to be determined.
- Leads/participates in negotiations and renewals for assigned accounts, focusing on upgrading and expanding the partnership.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the network including but not limited to, local United Ways, marketing, impact programming, operations, finance, and other stakeholders, in the development of customized and effective proposals, successful partner engagements, and other organizational materials.
- Ensure global partnerships support and benefits are implemented, advocating for partner and UWW across the system.
- Determine an annual work plan for all key accounts including timelines, tactics, deliverables, and resource requirements to support partnerships.
- Provide regular proactive updates to internal and external stakeholders, departmental and organizational leadership.
- Build collaborative relationships with local United Ways to support donor’s comprehensive needs and promote the working relationship between the global and local offices of the United Way.
- Track all aspects of the sales and execution cycle and other vital information using the appropriate platforms (currently Salesforce CRM).
- Represent the Global Corporate Partnerships team and United Way Worldwide organization as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
- 3 – 5 years of demonstrated resource development, sales and/or account management experience; successful track record with planning and managing corporate relationships with the nonprofit sector is essential.
- Commitment to advance the mission of United Way Worldwide.
- Previous experience with United Way and/or related corporate experience preferred.
- Well organized, reliable, accomplished, and dedicated fundraising, marketing, or account management professional with solid background and proven record of relationship management.
- Core competencies in account management, problem solving, strategic planning, process improvement, software applications, business development, strong writing and presentation skills.
- High energy level, demonstrated flexibility and strong collaboration skills.
- Able to effectively communicate and work with senior corporate leaders, non-profit professionals, and other constituencies.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, innate curiosity, and ability to embrace ambiguity.
This highly visible position is critical to the organization’s overall success, therefore numerous qualifications will be considered. It is preferred that candidates have experience in the workings of a United Way (s) or a similar federated model with an in-depth knowledge of customer relationship management. Global experience is a plus as well as an understanding of corporate social responsibility. Candidates must be able to grasp complex structures and be a natural collaborator. Experience working with multiple constituencies in a highly professional manner is needed. Applicants must also be creative in thought, able to work independently and with minimum supervision. This skilled negotiator will have proven successes in the areas of customer service, nonprofit, and corporate relations. Travel is required.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.