When uploading your job description, be sure to include the following areas:
United Way of the Big Bend (UWBB) serves eight counties in the Big Bend with the mission to raise awareness, mobilize resources and find collaborative, targeted solutions for our community’s most vital concerns. Our efforts focus on economic empowerment through workforce enablement and outcome areas including Housing, Early Learning, Safety Net, Aging Workforce and Skills Development. These community-focused outcomes are aimed at helping our neighbors, friends and colleagues in the Big Bend are who are living in poverty and/or struggling to make ends meet.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
UWBB's Account Manager is critical to our organization raising the money that makes fulfilling our mission possible. This position manages assigned campaign accounts, is responsible for meeting goals, and works collaboratively across the organization. Our Account Manager should:
- be excited by the challenge of a goal and enjoy working towards a ‘stretch goal’
- enjoy and is completely comfortable asking individuals and companies to donate money through various forms of communication platforms, including oral presentations
- be a creative thinker who will strive to build both on success and from the ground up. Some of UWBB’s revenue streams have a history and foundation while others will be completely new
- be comfortable public speaking to groups small and large, and wish to develop the talent further
- excel at multi-tasking and self-management. You are adept at knowing how to prioritize tasks and effectively manage your time to achieve goals
- work well both independently and as a member of team.
- have excellent customer service skills. While interacting with volunteers, donors and the public you have great listening skills, are patient, well-spoken and polite.
- be flexible and comfortable with a certain amount of ambiguity. You are willing and able to shift the focus of your work to address emerging needs.
- have a passion for mission-based work
The Account Manager serves as public representative of the organization.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ensuring campaign fundraising goals are achieved
- Fostering positive relationships with our corporate partners throughout the year, including oversight of the company’s annual UW workplace campaign and enhancement of their community footprint
- Working with Employee Campaign Coordinators on planning and executing successful workplace campaigns and year-round engagement strategies
- Helping to identify and pursue new opportunities for growth, as well as expansion within existing partnerships
- Providing input toward development of annual campaign strategy and theme
- Managing, monitoring and reporting on the progress and results for all assigned accounts.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date information in the database for assigned accounts
- Effectively communicating UWBB’s community impact ROI messaging to current and prospective donors
- Participating as a member of the Resource Development team in regular departmental and office meetings and activities
- This position reports directly to the VP of Resource Development.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Fundraising or sales experience a plus
- Strong communication skills – written, verbal and presentation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- An ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced work environment
- Excellence in time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Access to reliable transportation, proof of insurance, and a valid driver’s license
Applicants should submit the following to email@example.com: 1) Cover letter - please include qualifications and experiences, especially in the areas of fundraising or sales. The letter must also explain how your qualifications fully intersect with UWBB’s needs for this position. 2) Resume/CV. Both of the attachments must be received. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Flexible and family-friendly work environment.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.