Position Summary: The Account Manager contributes to the efforts of United Way of Metropolitan Nashville (UWMN) by building relationships through year round engagement with investors, partners, advocates, and volunteers to increase funding for UWMN’s programs in the areas of Education, Financial Stability, and Health which allows UWMN to continue its mission. The Account Manager deepens partner relationships and cultivates new partner relationships to steward, retain, and grow workplace campaign giving. This position communicates the understanding of the UWMN’s model to volunteer, advocate, and give.
Essential Functions: The following are indicative of the essential functions required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This profile is not intended to be all inclusive of tasks and responsibilities required; it provides a description of the critical responsibilities associated with this position.
Account Management Tasks
- Planning, developing and executing successful workplace campaigns with the purpose of increasing campaign revenue and building a sustainable pipeline of giving
- Identifies and solicits corporate donors to increase awareness of the work of UWMN with the intention of acquiringadditional resources for the Nashville community
- Communicates with other non-profits working on the same campaign, along with marketing, to develop materials that ensure campaign success
- Builds relationships with key company personnel and investors to increase awareness of UWMN and the work it provides to the community
- Creates, manages, and improves all aspects of the campaign; planning for each individual account and documenting the process
- Analyzes and develops a strategic plan that effectively achieves results in company campaigns to attain organizational goals
- Engages multiple levels of investors, and volunteers to drive campaign revenue strengthen relationships
- Researches investors to learn about them & their interests in order for account managers to communicate knowledgeably about UWMN and solicit gifts
- Promotes and motivates Employee Campaign Managers, investors, volunteers, partners, and potential investors to participate in Days of Action and other engagement events held by UWMN so they can have” hands-on” experience of the positive impact UWMN has on the community
- Attends company events to cultivate relationships with key stakeholders
- Delivers presentations to explain who UWMN is, what UWMN does, and how UWMN leverages donations to create an impact in the community to achieve increased awareness of UWMN and drive more partnerships
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or 3-5 years equivalent business, sales, non-profit development experience
- Sales: 2 years
- Project Management
- Public Speaking
- Calculate intermediate math problems
- Deliver a dynamic message
- Work well in a team environment
- Obtain knowledge of a process and execute the strategy
- Written, verbal, and technological communication
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products
- Brand Advocate: Conducts themselves in a manner that promotes integrity, trust and strong ethics, to protect the reputation and results of UWMN
- Mission Driven: Focuses on needs and aspirations of the community by telling the “United Way story” to help others understand the importance of volunteer, advocate, and give
- Relationship Management: Builds relationships internally and externally through communication efforts with external funders, corporate partners, individual donors, community members, and organizational stakeholders in efforts to generate enthusiasm of UWMN’s work; demonstrates credibility in all interactions; and demonstrates the ability to effectively build a network of contacts by understanding what motivates individuals and organizations to grow and sustain funding
- Outcome Motivated: Creates and maintains high performance standards that capitalize on opportunities to build support for Finance, Health and Education, by developing relationships that drive results
- Effective Communication: Ability to effectively communicate through oral, written and technological means; actively listening and expressing oneself clearly, to ensure those that need specific information acquire it; plan and deliver communication that makes an impact and persuades the audience.
- Business Acumen: Has keenness in building relationships with business professionals in a manner that is likely to lead to the desired outcome of increased UWMN volunteers, advocates, and givers. Ability to understand UWMN’s mission, operations and functions, the external environment, and how workplace donations to UWMN can contribute to core operational functions and community impact.
- Ability to Multi-task: Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; requires knowledge of time management, setting priorities, and managing project plans
- Initiative and Self-motivation: Plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions; makes constructive suggestions; prepares for problems or opportunities in advance; undertakes additional responsibilities; responds to situations as they arise with minimal supervision.
- Stress Tolerance: Displays emotional resilience and the ability to withstand pressure on an on-going basis; Deals with difficult situations while maintaining performance; Seeks support from others when necessary and uses appropriate coping techniques
- Team Work: Works collaboratively with other to achieve goals and objectives; continually tries to improve team effectiveness; hold self and others accountable for team performance; motivates and encourages all members to work together in order to achieve maximum results; Supports group decisions and puts group goals ahead of own goals; effectively interacts with others
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb and balance.
- Employee spends a majority of time seated; working at a desk in front of a computer monitor. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers.
- Well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.