UWGKC serves as a non-profit, focused on bettering the communities of Kansas City through transformative change by providing or allocating social services focused on health, education and financial stability. We’re more than fundraisers. We’re the hand-raisers and game changers. We go looking for the tough issues in our community, and with your help, we go solve them. United Way of Greater Kansas City unites donors, volunteers, businesses, nonprofits and community leaders to help change the lives of those in need. We are making Kansas City and the surrounding area better…100 years and counting. Join us.
United Way of Greater Kansas City is seeking Full-time 211 Resource Specialist.
Under general supervision in a virtual contact center environment, updates and evaluates the quality of community resource information contained in the United Way 211 resource database. Provides updates and support to the Information and Referral contact center of United Way 211 through data gathering, creating relationships with, and sending out annual solicitations to all agencies contained in the database. Completes data input into the database software according to style guide and inclusion requirements. Supports and adheres to Alliance of Information and Referral Systems (AIRS) standards. May be required to participate in outreach events as assigned to build awareness of United Way 211 services.
The Resource Specialist assures that he/she/they are compliant according to organizational and legal policies, procedures, and standards.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The employee in this role has the following top duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with the maintenance of the Information and Referral database.
- Research resource data in and serving the 23-county area; verify and enter data.
- Assist with documentation and reporting of information and referral statistics and other reports as required.
- Categorize information according to industry standards.
- Researches and maintains current knowledge of all AIRS database standards.
- Complete annual updates for agencies listed in the resource database through outreach to agencies including phone, email, and in person efforts.
- Evaluates data accuracy, style, and inclusive language for all database records.
- May be required to report to the UWGKC office or another designated location as required.
- Represent United Way and 211 at various resource fairs, community collaborations, and through community outreach as required.
- Will apply for Certified Resource Specialist – Database Curator (CRS-DC) when eligible per AIRS eligibility requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Resource Specialist participates in developing and accomplishing annual and ongoing goals. They review these goals on a routine basis with their supervisor to assure work is being carried out according to expectations, deadlines, and accuracy. The employee accepts constructive feedback and seeks learning opportunities to bridge any performance gaps or to prepare for increased responsibilities. In addition, this employee seeks opportunities to improve department outcomes by identifying barriers and possible solutions.
The employee may participate in projects, teams, or committees to help advance current or new initiatives being undertaken within UWGKC. This employee may perform other work as assigned.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook);
- Above average computer skills including database, Excel, or spreadsheet management.
- Strong organizational skills required as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to and experience delivering excellent customer service.
- Experience in non-profit and human service delivery preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, process improvement, effective collaboration, and ability to adjust expectations to address time sensitive tasks.
- Must be respectful to all callers and teammates, inclusive of all diverse populations and considerations.
The ideal candidate demonstrates the following:
- is reflective and seeks authentic feedback
- is a continuous learner
- is cooperative and participative
- ability to clearly and effectively explain processes in multiple ways
- is respectful in all interactions
- builds trusting relationships with others
- understands the impact of their actions on others and manages conflict effectively
- adopts best practices and aligns their work to assure effective outcomes
- balances responsibilities and responds to requests in a timely manner
- is a proactive problem solver
- understands how individual work impacts others
Compensation and Benefits: United Way of Kansas City offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, benefits package including full health and dental coverage; “unlimited flexible” vacation; 403(b) with company match; flexible office culture; employee development opportunities and a hybrid work environment.
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.