Position Title: United Way 211 Resource Specialist
Supervisor: United Way 211 Resource Director
Classification: Full time – Non-Exempt. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday,
8:00 a.m. - 5:00p.m. Some evening and weekend hours may be required as job duties demand.
Salary Range: $37,000 - $42,000 DOE Location: Fort Myers
Application Deadline: December 31, 2022 5:00 PM
Submit Cover Letter and Resume: Gail@UnitedWayLee.org
About United Way of Lee, Hendry, and Glades
United Way of Lee, Hendry, and Glades (UWLHG) is a volunteer driven organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for all people in our community. This is accomplished through fundraising, fund distribution (90+ partners), community building, volunteer advancement, and information and referral. UWLHG is an $16 million nonprofit social services organization, with 70 employees in four locations with the main campus being located at 7273 Concourse Drive, Fort Myers, FL. The majority of funding is from private donations although UWLHG also receives local, state, and federal grants.
• Maintaining the resource database, including ongoing updates of existing resources, and
• Assisting with researching and updating resources in the database, and
• Participating in and expanding the data management and quality assurance process.
• Building connections with Veteran-serving agencies to better develop and manage resource information.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
Education & Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent is required.
• Above average computer skills, including experience working in Microsoft Office Suite, is required.
• Experience in working with an Information & Referral database and knowledge of national classification standards (AIRS/INFO LINE Taxonomy) is a plus.
• Must have high attention to detail and concern for accuracy.
• Experience working with the veteran population highly desirable.
• “Can Do” attitude that helps create a positive relationship with volunteers, agencies, and other partners.
• Commitment to United Way values and United Way beliefs about partnership and collaboration.
• Productivity driven with a focus on measureable results.
• Enthusiastic, hardworking and excellent people skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Models the attributes of respect, trust, sensitivity and confidentiality to callers, volunteers and coworkers.
• Assists with maintaining accurate and up-to-date information in the resource database with particular emphasis on (but not limited to) the following: veteran support services, transportation, early childhood, alcohol/substance abuse and mental health services.
• Assists with the data management and quality assurance process of United Way 2-1-1 by:
o Surveying agencies in the 2-1-1 database at regular intervals, but at least annually.
o Updating existing agency and program profiles after reported changes have been verified in a timely manner upon receipt of submissions.
o As needed, conducting interviews with appropriate contact agency persons, asking clarifying questions in a concise manner, and remaining courteous and professional throughout the process.
o Maintaining an audit trail for each organization that shows number of attempts to update, who completed the updates and when updates were successfully completed.
• Actively participates in ongoing supervision, training and team meetings as needed.
• Assists during times of disaster on the Storm Information Hotline as needed.
• Provides Holiday coverage as needed.
• Contributes to the overall success of United Way by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Some travel required.
Certifications, License, Background Checks, Drug Screens
• Valid driver’s license required.
• Drug screening is required.
• Level 2 criminal background screening mandatory.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, talk, and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use finger and hand motion and occasionally to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/ or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. There may be additional physical requirements associated with department meetings/events. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Requires talking, hearing, and visual acuity sufficient to perform these major functions. Occasionally, the work of this position is spent at offsite meetings, or event locations within Lee, Hendry, or Glades County.
Licenses- Valid Florida Driver’s License. (Only if necessary for the position)
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates in a professional office environment, including occasional off-site venues, and outside event areas in various weather conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
This is a full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00a.m. To 5:00 p.m. Some evening and weekend hours may be required as job duties demand.
United Way is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions. United Way will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in undue hardship.
Terms of employment are subject to satisfactory negative drug testing as part of our drug-free workplace program. Level II background screening will be conducted because of the nature of the position. Applicants may be asked to take an online skills assessment.
UWLHG is an exceptional workplace that can provide you with:
• Opportunity to work with smart, passionate and enthusiastic team members and volunteers
• Working with diverse staff and other constituents
• Culture of high-performance expectations and accountability
• Exciting and challenging work
• Opportunity to help solve the community’s toughest problems
• Competitive pay that is commensurate with demonstrated successful performance and experience
• Paid Health and Dental Insurance for employee, 401k, and Monthly Accrued PTO
Position Title: United Way 211 Resource Specialist